• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 gtx dome light

tileman61

Local time
11:04 PM
Reaction score
got in gtx tonight dome light wants to stay on with doors shut map light on also when u take bulb out of dome light map shuts off and map light works fine any help thank u

Looks to me, like you have a wire going to ground somewhere in you dome light circuit. Not under the dash but somewhere between one of the door switches and the dome light. Maybe one of your door switches has failed since that is what the door switches do. Provide a ground to the light when you open the door.

Looks to me, like you have a wire going to ground somewhere in you dome light circuit. Not under the dash but somewhere between one of the door switches and the dome light. Maybe one of your door switches has failed since that is what the door switches do. Provide a ground to the light when you open the door.
Map light goes on off when u open an close doors with ignition on u put emergency flashers on map en dome light blink

Also when u hit brakes dome light an map light come on no brake lights in back

Per "nacho" if you put in a bulb with double contact base on it/ or single contact base, you create all sorts of problems that'll drive you crazy.

Dome light demands 1004 bulb which is dual contact single fillament. Both filament ends are attached to the base contact and ISOLATED from base sleve. If you install ANY other kind of bulb the filament will be grounded to the chassis, making a constant negative source to it. Being the dome light gets constant positive and is switched via negative then a regular bulb which uses the base as a ground source will be never turned off from the original switch source

I got dual contact single filliment in there bulbs fine when u hit brakes dome light an map light come on no brake light on tail light when u hit brake when doors are shut I got power to dome light . This happened all of a sudden the other night. Only thing I've done is replace coil. Some weird problem .

Auto Transport Service
Back