• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 GTX Fender Tag:

GTXMopar

Local time
4:07 AM
Reaction score
Can someone please decode this fender tag for me?At least what you can make out?Also this is a 1968 GTX and would it have the numbers on radiator support,engine,and trunk lip?

FENDER TAG.jpg

Can someone please decode this fender tag for me?At least what you can make out?Also this is a 1968 GTX and would it have the numbers on radiator support,engine,and trunk lip?

View attachment 1058630
you may want to check-out the forum "1968-1970 Mopars" in the "Sticky I put up a decode guide
Check it out Let me know how it worked for you

I guess I am computer dumb!I tryed everyway I know to get numbers in right place with no luck?

View attachment 1058630
Nice....turbine bronze, 440/727, F70-14 redlines, pretty late car. July 5, '68. 245741 should be on the rad support and trunk lip. Last 8 digits of vin should be on the top rear of the block near oil sender and top front of trans case.

Nice....turbine bronze, 440/727, F70-14 redlines, pretty late car. July 5, '68. 245741 should be on the rad support and trunk lip. Last 8 digits of vin should be on the top rear of the block near oil sender and top front of trans case.
What do you think about radiator?Is that look correct?Is that the small one or was there different sizes?

What do you think about radiator?Is that look correct?Is that the small one or was there different sizes?
As far as I know the 22" came with non-a/c automatics and the a/c and 4 speeds got the 26". I have the same 22" in mine.

Do you have any cooling issues?
Zero issues. I recently completed a full engine rebuild so I know all water jackets are clear, timing is 18° initial (with a limiter plate), I'm using the original viscous drive fan with no shroud and its always at 170-190.

Zero issues. I recently completed a full engine rebuild so I know all water jackets are clear, timing is 18° initial (with a limiter plate), I'm using the original viscous drive fan with no shroud and its always at 170-190.
That sounds good

Auto Transport Service
Back