• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Hemi Charger R/T - Mecum Auctions NOT MINE

Mr. PNW

Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
Just happened across this, what a beauty. Not mine, unfortunately. I think Dodge must have checked the box, Sinister, when they built this.

Mecum Auctions
https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0521-459486/1968-dodge-hemi-charger-rt/

4186914C-5A9F-4DC9-A622-F6F07180AF8E.jpeg
EE378C8B-CA27-423F-B7AD-30A206D1F630.jpeg
918697F5-D44C-4AD0-B588-957222A59B6A.jpeg
14238714-3D96-457F-9E95-3DA4FAD86903.jpeg

HIGHLIGHTS
  • Factory 4-speed Hemi Charger
  • Recently dyno tested at 462 HP and 520 lb-ft of torque
  • Arizona car
  • 5-speaker 8-track stereo option
  • Stripe delete
  • New clutch
  • Fresh fluids throughout
  • Broadcast sheet
  • 1 of 211 produced

Last edited:
How does one get additional information on Mecum auction cars? I signed in as I am a member, but found no additional information or even a estimate of value. How many triple black 68 Hemi 4-speed Chargers are there?

Hey you got some nice steel and I think your shop may be full.. wink wink I’ll gladly store it ! What a nice car ! Alan Jackson has one for a while and it floated around some country musicians for awhile and then I never seen it.

Nothing prettier than a shiny black car. Just have to keep it clean. I have a couple keeping me in training right now.

Ditch the dog bowls on the wheels and that would be the perfect Charger R/T!

Ditch the dog bowls on the wheels and that would be the perfect Charger R/T!
Hard to believe someone paid money for a car with gross wheel combo on it. could you imagine..

Hard to believe someone paid money for a car with gross wheel combo on it. could you imagine..
Thousands of cars ordered that way, they got new mags the first week off the lot, no need to pay (waste) any extra money for different wheels and or caps.

Thousands of cars ordered that way, they got new mags the first week off the lot, no need to pay (waste) any extra money for different wheels and or caps.
That was my thoughts exactly, I got the full wheel covers that came with the 67 Satellite at no extra charge. Took me about 7 months but I got my chosen American Torque Thrust D's in 14X7.

I'd make room for it...

my bank account disagrees thou :D

I'd store the wheels & tires
& put something era-appropriate on it too

baby deserves some nice shoes :rolleyes:
then drive the piss out of her, how it should be

I like the dog dish/redline setup. Only thing I would change would be wider rims and fatter tires in the rear. Something like this:

DDD0314.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back