• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Plymouth GTX Convertible Jack Mounting.

Mattfi1

Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score
Looking for the correct configuration of the jack and spare mount in my convertible. I know the jack base holds the spare in but was there another bracket to hold the jack? I'm also looking for a truck jack sticker for a convertible. Found them for hardtops but its different.

Looking for the correct configuration of the jack and spare mount in my 1968 GTX convertible. I know the jack base holds the spare in but was there another bracket to hold the jack? The jack has long since been removed and I got a replacement jack, base, hook and mounting bolt. Does any know what else I need to mount the jack or have a picture as I can't find anything in the 68 manual?

image.jpg
No, just tuck it all in under the spare

So the tire holds in the jack and tire iron! I had thought there may have been another plate that I was missing. Thank you.

Ya mon, they tuck in underneath, i have a 68 R/T and a 69 , tire holds them down!

Of course if your not like me , you probably have a carpet!

Hey Matt & R/T.....sorry to hijack. Are R/T's pictures of a convertible? Can either of you please lay a measuring tape down showing where to weld in the spare bracket in a convertible?

I have all the parts, but my trunk floor was replaced and stupid me didn't take any picture beforehand. Now I'd like to weld in the replacement, but don't want to put it in the wrong place. THANKS!

Yes Sir, ragtops only, life is too short and money too sparse to waste on a hardtop , you want a pic of the yellow 68 R/T or the turrquoise 69 R/T , 69 rod comes with a bolt tru the floor bracket.

Auto Transport Service
Back