• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1968 Plymouth Satellite Sport Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stroked408

Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Location is Hayward, CA, just south of Oakland, CA
$20,000 OBO Please PM for more details and if you would like to discuss.

** I haven't posted on this forum in a while but I am active on FABO, FEBO, FCBO.
Full disclosure, this is the same wagon that was posted last April by another seller (new member) close to where I live. You can see all the details on that add as well.

Unexpectedly, a truck I sold a few years ago came back up for sale and I wish to purchase it back. This is the reason for selling this wagon so soon. I am not trying to flip it. I am offering it up for the same price as the previous owner even though I have put additional money into it. Your choice of wheels: Rev-100 aluminum wheels with new rears tires (15x8 rear wheels) BFG 225/60 15 front tires on 15x7 wheels. OR: 275/70 15 rear, 235/70 15 front like new Cooper Cobra's on 15 x 7 Mopar steel wheels.

1970 440 motor w/ 727 and 8 3/4 rear (741 case). Power rear window on the tailgate works great. Trailer hitch and brake controller installed. Power disc brakes, power steering. After market Classic Auto Air was installed years ago. Fan works but it doesn't blow that cold. Heat works fine. Bubbling in paint can be found on passenger side large rear window and lower driver quarter panel. Paint is really nice but not show quality.

- replaced low beam headlights (old ones burned out)
- re-wired switch for electric fans (wiring type/gauge was incorrect)
- gas pedal/throttle cable was very tight, had to press hard and kickdown linkage was incorrect. Installed Edelbrock throttle adapter #1481, installed different factory linkage and adjusted rod, correct return spring post. Kickdown and pedal travel is much better.
- replaced rear tires 275/60 15 BFG's that were on the car were dried and cracked in between the tread. Installed new Cooper Cobra 275/60 15's.
- removed poorly installed/fabricated rear sway bar. Bushings were rotted and loose.
- Aftermarket Electric vacuum pump that was installed for the power brakes was not wired correctly. I got it working but it's not needed. It makes way too much noise and vibrates the engine compartment. The power brakes work fine, the cam is not radical enough to justify this.

I'll add more pictures in the next posting.

68 wgn front.jpg 68 wgn drvway.jpg 68 wgn rear 2.jpg 68 wgn w steel wheels.jpg 68 wgn pass door.jpg 68 wgn rear.jpg 68 wgn door jamb.jpg 68 wgn dash.jpg 68 wgn lower dash.jpg 68 wgn trunk.jpg

How about some engine bay shots

Correction: the rear case is a 742. Here are some more pictures. Forgot to mention that I replaced the front turn signal lenses, as the originals were cracked and faded.

68 440 engine.jpg 68 440 carb linkage.jpg 68 wgn rear seat.jpg 68 wgn 742 case.jpg 68 wgn lenses.jpg

Is that a mopar factory red or an orange? Tough to tell for sure.
Any more info on the motor? Stock rebuild? Compression ratio? How's she run in stop and go traffic for engine temp?

Nice car. I'm in San Jose.

From the paperwork I received, I think the paint color is Hugger Orange. It's definitely not red. Closer to the Vitamin C Orange. It was a stock rebuild back in 2010, most likely 9.7:1 compression ratio as it's a 1970 block, intake. Temp runs about 195 in traffic. It has dual electric fans for cooling, with a toggle switch, manual on/off. PM for contact information. Thanks

New parts May 2022:

- New/used Edelbrock 1411 carburetor

- Summit brand billet distributor

- MSD Blaster 2 coil

- Taylor spark plug wires, Autolite plugs

- valve cover gaskets

- replaced low beam headlights w/ aftermarket LED’s

- Mega Firewall gasket set from Detroit Muscle Technologies

- Body/Hood bumper set from DMT

- New rear tires Cooper Cobra 275/60 15's.

- Amber parking turn signal lenses (front)

Engine:

Previous owner purchased a 440/727 combo from another party back in 2018. The 440 had been rebuilt back in 2010 w/ .060 pistons and a mild RV cam. Mopar HP exhaust manifolds. All accessories are from 2010 as well. The 440 & 727 transmission was installed back in 2018 ($6K in motor, $2500 in transmission) Approximately 2700 miles on the drivetrain, including miles I have driven.

68 ply front bench.jpg

68 ply front dash.jpg

68 ply passg carpet.jpg

68 ply rear carpet.jpg

68 ply rear seat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back