• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Plymouth Satellite

FC7 Dart

Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is a great site for inspiration, idea's and input. This is my 68 Satellite I bought last fall with no drivetrain. It also came with a RR hood. The lower rear quarters have been replaced and other than that everything is original sheetmetal. This is very rare up here in Alberta, Canada. My original intention was to turn it into a Roadrunner with a full colour change and everything. I was never a fan of green interior, but this car is really starting to grow on me. I'm starting to appreciate how good of shape its in and I think I may leave it as a green Satellite for now. Just fix some paint issues, add an engine and trans and some Cragar SS's~
IMG_2795.JPG
IMG_2799.JPG
IMG_2798.JPG
IMG_2915.JPG

Welcome from Va. nice looking project. What are the plans for engine and trans?

Welcome from Va. nice looking project. What are the plans for engine and trans?
Thanks. I have a 383 727 combo out of a Polara I will probably freshen up for it now. I have a decent 400 that I'd like to go stroker with someday~

Welcome aboard from NJ. Thanks for posting the pictures. I really like that green, don't think I ever saw that shade on that year Satty. I personally like contrast and if anything you could change the interior to black which goes with just about anything. Actually, in thinking about it, maybe a white interior would really pop against the green. Even as it is I like it! I also like your pickup truck!
:thumbsup:

Welcome aboard from NJ. Thanks for posting the pictures. I really like that green, don't think I ever saw that shade on that year Satty. I personally like contrast and if anything you could change the interior to black which goes with just about anything. Actually, in thinking about it, maybe a white interior would really pop against the green. Even as it is I like it! I also like your pickup truck!
:thumbsup:
Thanks. The car was originally mint green so its not the original colour. But to be so rust free with most of its original sheet metal is such a bonus. Yah when I do end up changing the interior, probably will go black. Other than a rip in the seat and the headliner, the interior is in too good of shape to change out right now $$$

Welcome to the site!

Great to see a 68 Sat!....Thans for sharing the pictures...

Thanks. I have a 383 727 combo out of a Polara I will probably freshen up for it now. I have a decent 400 that I'd like to go stroker with someday~
Your car's body is in GREAT shape and your engine ideas sound really good too. Does it have an 8-3/4" rear end?

very cool. My teenager ride was a green 68 Satellite that I swapped the 383 and 727 into, that came from a 67 polars. Love to have that old car back

:welcome: from the foothills of NE Tennessee!
From the looks of the finish panel on the trunk, that's a Sport Satellite?

That car is TERRIBLE!!!! You should give it to me. :lol:

All kidding aside, welcome from North Carolina. I say keep the green. That 68 is a beauty just like she is. The best part is, you can do whatever you want with the drivetrain. Good luck!!

Welcome to FBBO from SoCal - I’ve a 68 X so I really appreciate the satellites. Enjoy the ride

Auto Transport Service
Back