• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Road Runner trunk lid finish panel

plumkrazy

Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
I am looking to install a trunk finish panel on my 68. Doe’s anyone know if there any drawings with measurements or screw hole locations?

Can't help you with stud hole locations but it's 1-3/16" from the bend in the deck lid, to top of the tail panel.

(I burned an inch here)
20220723_142705.jpg

You could put some marking compound on the stud ends, get it aligned just right and press the panel against the deck lid to get marks for drilling..and keep in mind the factory's accuracy wasn't perfectly perfect from car to car. It just needs to line up with the tail light bezels.

But...if you line it up too perfectly people will know it's not factory!:p
This one (and the trunk weatherstrip) is Chrysler installed...
20220723_143640.jpg

Last edited:
Can't help you with stud hole locations but it's 1-3/16" from the bend in the deck lid, to top of the tail panel.

(I burned an inch here)
View attachment 1317360

You could put some marking compound on the stud ends, get it aligned just right and press the panel against the deck lid to get marks for drilling..and keep in mind the factory's accuracy wasn't perfectly perfect from car to car. It just needs to line up with the tail light bezels.

But...if you line it up too perfectly people will know it's not factory!:p
This one (and the trunk weatherstrip) is Chrysler installed...
View attachment 1317368
Thanks for the info and photos

Maybe Rick Ehrenberg at Mopar Action has the factory blueprint.
Not sure if he's a member here, but he's accessible through the MA website, Moparts.com, and Ebay.
FWIW, the ones on 2 of my '68 RRs were aligned very well; both St Louis cars, if that matters.

Thanks for the info and photos
:thumbsup:
Not sure if he's a member here, but he's accessible through the MA website, Moparts.com, and Ebay.
FWIW, the ones on 2 of my '68 RRs were aligned very well; both St Louis cars, if that matters.
Mine's a "G" car too. It's more that the trunk doesn't close quite all the way down, but it goes to show, 60s factory line workers=:fool:
In all seriousness thanks for the input...OP should be squared away now...

Thanks for the reply I’ll be emailing Rick

Auto Transport Service
Back