• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Roadrunner Decor??

megota70

Local time
12:50 PM
Reaction score
Several years ago I purchased a beautiful 1968 Roadrunner 383 4 speed (no tach) But have been pulling my hair out ever since to prove its authenticity. I did locate the VIN on the trunk lip and it matched. Nice!
Here's my dilemma, the trunk panel looks like a Satellite with black only no red tape to match tail lamps. The front split bench and rear seats are a felt material not vinyl. The rear seat has the Plymouth emblem like my 68 GTX. Any help on trim and cloth seats would be very much appreciated.

Several years ago I purchased a beautiful 1968 Roadrunner 383 4 speed (no tach) But have been pulling my hair out ever since to prove its authenticity. I did locate the VIN on the trunk lip and it matched. Nice!
Here's my dilemma, the trunk panel looks like a Satellite with black only no red tape to match tail lamps. The front split bench and rear seats are a felt material not vinyl. The rear seat has the Plymouth emblem like my 68 GTX. Any help on trim and cloth seats would be very much appreciated.
Post up some pictures.

:xscuseless:

You don't say whether a coupe or hardtop. I bought a hardtop in 68 and it came standard with vinyl seats and the trim plate in the rear with the road runner decal. With the coupe it was extra for the decor package, rear trim plate and vinyl seats.

Is your car a hardtop or coupe?
To the best of my knowledge ALL '68 RR 2dr hardtops came with the "Decor Package" as standard.
The decor package was an option on coupes only.

sorry, Tonysrt beat me to the response. Don't want to be redundant.

I'm a little confused about your statement about the "VIN on the trunk lip"
That number on the trunk lip is NOT the VIN but should match the SO (sales order number) on the "Fender Tag"

Can you post a photo of the fender tag?

Sorry for the incomplete post only the 2 time in 5 years. ok here's some pics. Its a hard top.
20210329_163552_HDR.jpg
20210329_163613_HDR.jpg
20210329_163526.jpg
20210329_163705.jpg
20210329_163633_HDR.jpg
20210329_164845_HDR.jpg

Is your car a hardtop or coupe?
To the best of my knowledge ALL '68 RR 2dr hardtops came with the "Decor Package" as standard.
The decor package was an option on coupes only.

sorry, Tonysrt beat me to the response. Don't want to be redundant.

I'm a little confused about your statement about the "VIN on the trunk lip"
That number on the trunk lip is NOT the VIN but should match the SO (sales order number) on the "Fender Tag"

Can you post a photo of the fender tag?
Under the trunk rubber on drv side mid way up from lights. Is the last numbers of the fender tag stamped there as a hidden body ID

looks like an older resto done to their tastes ,just decode your fender tag and build to suit you

Decoded.. Done that. I have built it the way i want but need a little help on my ? But thank u

True.. but the but interior and the trunk panel would make as close as i can get her.

Nice car, but I agree with Nevada dan someone restored to their likings. I think the radiator is wrong for a 68 and the finish panel should have tail light red on the top and bottom and I don’t think head rest were available in 68 either. Not picking your car, it looks great.
7CF093B3-F7F2-4B28-815D-7DEBA5975D43.png
13077DEC-F1CB-40C7-B87A-39B8AE2592A9.jpeg
A5624ED2-DB97-43EE-8477-4AFB8B77751F.jpeg
B9CCC820-6723-471E-A9E5-2D52E7DBCA19.jpeg

they might not have been able to find the reflective tape when they redid it so they left it off and the seats they had redone to something they liked I don't think they are original

Back in the day when we fixed these cars, sometimes the "correct" parts weren't readily available. Whether it was a new or used salvage yard part. We used what was available. Grilles, trim, was installed on whatever was handy.

Thats what i wanted to here. Thank u.
I must say i think Im done with this site. Its my impression if its not like yours or Navada Dan.
I gland i didnt ask ? about my other 3 Mopars

they might not have been able to find the reflective tape when they redid it so they left it off and the seats they had redone to something they liked I don't think they are original

Your fender tag has "H4B" which is your seats.
H = High
4 = Vinyl split bench seat
B = light blue

Nope not that.. I am very appreciative of all you guys help! Again Thank You
i will start to look for seat cover and I know the tape is now available as well. Truth be told i pulled the seats years ago and no info tags were on the frames plus there a gold material under the blue.

Auto Transport Service
Back