• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Roadrunner signals update

Gregg DeGeorge

Local time
9:14 PM
Reaction score
First off thanks for all your help ,I rewired the flasher which seemed to help ,It is strange how the colors change throughout the car . I have rear signals ,front and rear parking lights working ,have one problem still as soon as I turn key to run the black wire powers the flasher you can hear the flasher clicking away as if I put it in the turn position ,when you move the signal lever the blinkers come on , but when you center the stalk the blinkers shut off as they should but the flasher is clicking away as if the blinkers are on ..The black wire is steady power to flasher on the other side red wire to signal connection it’s already blinking before going up to signal switch lever .So they do work but still have something hooked up wrong thanks Again Gregg

Any work done on the turn signal switch itself? Might have to check it.
Thanks for the update! Can easily help others out, too, with similar problems.

Thanks switch also new ,I feel it’s something with the way the flasher is wired ,as soon as I turn key to run the flasher is clicking away ,the turn signal switch does work left to right but when you center the switch lights shut off but flasher is still clicking away ??

Thanks switch also new
Hmmm.
For what it's worth. My 64 Ply turn signal switch needed help, too. Repos were out there, but, real pricey...real second thoughts, when I read, at least some of 'em, were wired WRONG!
Yup, to find out, at least would need to get to it, to check the wiring. Not pull it, just get to it.

Not saying that's your problem. Fixing wiring problems, any port in the storm! Something to think about.
Wound up, on my 64 switch, just needed a little work.

Better toss in, for the switch wiring, the wires would need to be checked, at the connector also. One off, works gummed up.

I think you need to check your wiring diagram & do some electrical testing on the wires & switches. It "sounds" like you either have a wire crosses (like Miller mentioned) or maybe there's something internally crossed in either the turn signal switch or the ignition switch.

Ok I traced the wires but will check again ,I did change the signal switch think it came from Year one I’ll check make sure I put it on right

Auto Transport Service
Back