• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Satellite

ammachine390

Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I bought a 1968 Satellite 2 door hardtop in August. At the time it had been stored in a garage and hadn't been driven in over 20 years so it didn't run or have any brakes at the time I bought it. A friend and I replaced the plugs, wires, rotor, and points. I also rebuilt the carburetor and we were able to get it running. Then we replaced all the brake shoes, wheel cylinders, hardware, master cylinder, and front lines. New gas tank, sending unit, and fuel pump. Changed the oil and transmission fluid and about a month later I had a running and driving car. It has a 273 V8 and automatic transmission. I was originally going to sell it upon getting it roadworthy, but plan on keeping it for a bit longer now. Got it registered a week ago but it still needs some work to get it to be totally roadworthy.

I've already been searching the forum for a bit and found lots of great help, so I figured it would be time to make an account. Here's a photo of the car.
IMG_9214.JPG

68/70's are very popular and you have a nice one to start with.. You'll find all the info you will need here. Welcome.

Beautiful Sat!...Thanks for keeping it a SAT!

Love the color combo along with the white strip and hubcaps!

Welcome from Michigan. You've got a great car to begin with. Hope you keep it and have miles of fun...:thumbsup:

Hi, welcome to the best Mopar site!
Got a picture of the Machine? (assuming that's what your name implies... :)

I agree; thanks for keeping it a satellite. Welcome.

Welcome aboard from Ohio. Love the 68’s.

Appreciate all the welcomes. This car was going to get scrapped so I'm glad I was able to save it.

Got a picture of the Machine? (assuming that's what your name implies... :)

Good catch. Don't actually own one, just one of my favorite cars. I've got a 1981 Concord though, still an AMC but not quite the same...

Last edited:
Welcome from the show me state!! Nice car!!

Welcome.
Sounds like your hooked.
Nice job on getting it running and driving.
Most people would have trouble starting with a car that has been sitting 20 years.
:thumbsup:

Love that color

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Auto Transport Service
Back