• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Small Block Coronet (others should be the same) with AC

JimKueneman

Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone verify that the heater hose that comes out of the water pump goes to the outer most port in the firewall (the heater core nipples) and the hose from the manifold goes to the heater control valve?

I think I know why I don't have blend between AC and heat and the AC is not as cold as it should be. The manual is useless as it show the hoses going behind the AC compressor and no more. I think I have the backwards so the water pump is trying to push the control valve open so if I just pull it off from cold the pressure just overcomes the spring in the valve and pushes it wide open. I noticed today that the AC air had heat blended (when I had the plenum out so I could stick my hand in the AC box).

I think the 2 hoses just circulate hot water through the heater core. I'd guess you have a heater/AC box with leaky seals. Or doors are not closing all the way.

Auto Transport Service
Back