• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 440 block to firewall ground

paul1969cars

Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
Hi anyone have a picture of where this ground wire gets mounted to the rear of block?

Pass side rear of head

No, it was mounted under the right rear intake manifold bolt.

5F1D7548-E54D-4409-A09D-170381198096.jpeg

Interesting, Lynch Road was on the back of the head.

100% sure no one moved it?
Just never seen it there myself, asking questions.

That picture is on my Hamtramck built survivor 1968 Charger R/T and I know for a fact that the intake manifold has never been off.

Here a picture of my Lynch Road 1969 Survivor Road Runner & yes, the ground is attached to the back of the head, not the intake.....

thumbnail (4).jpg

I just doublechecked my Charger & you can tell by the paint on the head bolt t that the ground wire was not attached to the head. Also note the different location where the wire attaches to each firewall.

thumbnail (5).jpg

Perhaps the OP can tell us the model, year, engine size and plant where his car was built.

Maybe they ran out of ground bolts from time to time. They were a unique little fellar.

While you are at it Mark @Richard Cranium . Is there one on your '66 Bel and where. I can't see any on mine or where it's actually getting a true body ground.

That picture is on my Hamtramck built survivor 1968 Charger R/T and I know for a fact that the intake manifold has never been off.

Here a picture of my Lynch Road 1969 Survivor Road Runner & yes, the ground is attached to the back of the head, not the intake.....

View attachment 1413237

I just doublechecked my Charger & you can tell by the paint on the head bolt t that the ground wire was not attached to the head. Also note the different location where the wire attaches to each firewall.

View attachment 1413238

Perhaps the OP can tell us the model, year, engine size and plant where his car was built.

Thanks

My car was built in St Louis. I found a pic before I pulled the motor out and mine was attached to the back of head hole and not the manifold. Mine was a survivor car as well. with 440

THANKS Mark !!! Where I figured as the hole is there in the firewall. Not sure what path the body is getting ground on mine, but I'll correct that tomorrow ! Will have to go through my shelf of aircraft wire terminations to see what I have to duplicate that...

This is the longest ground available, I don’t think it would reach the intake bolt without being stretched too tight. The other end is attached to the firewall between the ballast and the voltage regulator.
image.jpg

I don’t have this wire harness clip circled in red on my car. Do you have a little higher picture showing all of it?

F69EB59F-1935-4129-83FC-74F2E1802F18.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back