• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 440 RB Negative Battery Cable Mounting Location

robl72

Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know the correct mounting position for the negative battery cable on a 1969 440RB Motor for an early build 69 Charger R/T. Does it go under or over the throttle return spring bracket? Looking at some photos of of some high end stock builds I have seen it both ways. Which way is correct ? Thanks

what? Brackets are always mounted to the engine. cables are secondary.

Cable goes under throttle spring bracket and about a third of it was painted with the engine.

mine was not, and it is original. Now, I have a hemi cable that is orange, but the rest of them aren't.

I just put my 71 together and researched this a little bit. I found the cables both over and under the bracket. I also understand there is a question of what goes on the manifold first, the cable, then the bracket, or the bracket, then the cable. I cant imagine the cable first, but it may be correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is what I finally decided.

Attachments

• DSCN0684.JPG
    DSCN0684.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 133
Auto Transport Service
Back