• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Automatic Shifter for counsel

albert 5694

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
I have the shifter for my 1969 Plymouth GTX with the center counsel and it has some slop in it. i was looking at it and it looks like it has some worn bushings in the lower pivot were the curved part of the lever is assembled and was wondering dose anybody make a rebuild kit to take it apart and replace the worn out parts to take the play out of it or do i need to replace it with one like from Classic industries would like to keep it original if possible because it is the original and everything on it is in really good shape the chrome and wood grain knob still look good.

I bought a kit a few years ago for my 69 Dart GT with center console. They do make the refurbishing kit with all the bushings and such. I just don't remember where I ordered it from. Try doing a google search.

Auto Transport Service
Back