• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 CHARGER BELTLINE TRIM MOULDING REMOVAL

re-animate

Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys; I looked for threads explaining removing the top of the door and quarter beltline trim mouldings on a 1969 Charger. I didn't find any info. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I'm about to strip down my doors and want to remove the mouldings without kinking them. Thanks,Dave

On the doors at the latch end there will be a nut on that clip. Remove the nut and with a trim tool lightly pry them straight up. Save all the clips they are unobtainable. The rear with the quarter windows out you will see 3 Phillips screws that hold them in. There could be 4 screws but as far as I have seen there is only 3. Once the screws are out the molding will lift up and you need to work it for ward. Its a little tricky but it will come out.

On the doors at the latch end there will be a nut on that clip. Remove the nut and with a trim tool lightly pry them straight up. Save all the clips they are unobtainable. The rear with the quarter windows out you will see 3 Phillips screws that hold them in. There could be 4 screws but as far as I have seen there is only 3. Once the screws are out the molding will lift up and you need to work it for ward. Its a little tricky but it will come out.

Thank you so much. This info will hopefully allow me to remove the mouldings without breaking any of the clips.

Thank you so much. This info will hopefully allow me to remove the mouldings without breaking any of the clips.
The clips are all metal. Still want to save them. You might want to tag them for re-assembly as they are all different sizes.

Auto Transport Service
Back