• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger Console Wiring

1mightymopar

Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
Good morning everyone, hoping to get some guidance.
My console courtesy lights were not working. After removing the top plate I noticed a few issues:

1. The light for the shift indicator is always on? Black and Organge wires. Not sure where they lead to?
2. No power to the Pink and Yellow wires for the lights? Harness seems to be plugged in. Where do they lead to?
3. Kick panel removed... notices a yellow wire was not connected? Where does this go and why is there a split that seems to be cut off? Where was that suppose to go?

Interior light and map light works properly when both doors are open/closed. Puzzled and cant' seem to make it out from the book. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Console 1.jpg Console 2.jpg

This is for the 68 but should be the same for the 69.

wiring console.png

Last edited:
You can find all the info HERE for your car. I usually download these and edit them in paint and color code each wire.. blue,black,yellow etc etc..
69ChargerA.jpg
69ChargerB.jpg

Good morning everyone, hoping to get some guidance.
My console courtesy lights were not working. After removing the top plate I noticed a few issues:

1. The light for the shift indicator is always on? Black and Organge wires. Not sure where they lead to?
2. No power to the Pink and Yellow wires for the lights? Harness seems to be plugged in. Where do they lead to?
3. Kick panel removed... notices a yellow wire was not connected? Where does this go and why is there a split that seems to be cut off? Where was that suppose to go?

Interior light and map light works properly when both doors are open/closed. Puzzled and cant' seem to make it out from the book. Any help is greatly appreciated!

View attachment 763808 View attachment 763809

I saw your post and I am having similar problems with my 68 charger, in particular I have the same yellow wire behind the left hand kick panel and have not found a solution to get my courtesy lights to come on when the door is opened. Wondering if you have found a solution
Thanks

I saw your post and I am having similar problems with my 68 charger, in particular I have the same yellow wire behind the left hand kick panel and have not found a solution to get my courtesy lights to come on when the door is opened. Wondering if you have found a solution
Thanks
Figure it out?

Auto Transport Service
Back