• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1969 Charger R/T SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Challenger340

Local time
9:56 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I would like to hear opinions from you guys, on what would be a fair price to ask ?
I am old... it is part of my retirement money, so maybe time to sell.
I might use Ebay.... just not sure yet.... or what to ask ?

Please keep in mind here...
This is an UN-restored Charger... One "exterior only" repaint done back in 1984, the paint seen here.
All original Sheet metal, laser Straight, never rusted or hit, yes... even the trunk floor is original and in good condition.
It can't be called a "Survivor" because of the exterior repaint... but it is as close I think ? as you will ever find these days ?

1969 Dodge Charger R/T SE
Small Town B.C. Interior it's whole life.
Real XS29L9BXXXXXX Car.
133,000 miles now, was 124,000 back in '84 when repainted, so only 9,000 in 30 years.
Black(X9) with Black Vinyl Roof(V1X)
Bench/Buddy Seat Combo in Tan(CRT)
Tinted Glass all around
Stripe Delete
SE Option Pkg.
PS
PB
440 Magnum 375 H.P., original as in "never been out of the Car" or rebuilt, still runs excellent & burns no oil, excellent power and drives even better, yes.... even with the original single point ignition.
H.D. 727 Auto
3.23 Sure Grip
Still has the original Exhaust System on it front to back(new Mufflers only), I have new Exhaust Tips coming.
Fender tag
Broadcast Sheet still under Rear Seat in PRISTINE Condition
Obviously, ALL Numbers Matching... Engine Block Serial # matches the Trans, matches the Rad Support, matches the Fender tag, matches the Broadcast Sheet, matches the Dashboard VIN.

It runs and drives beautifully, excellent power, very tight & quiet, everything works as it should and it needs nothing. It could be driven cross country tomorrow without hesitation.View attachment 187865
Very simply.... just a family owned, always garaged, very well maintained and cared for 1969 Charger R/T SE

What should a guy ask for it ?
Is the "original" un-restored status a premium a guy could ask for ?
View attachment 187861View attachment 187862View attachment 187863View attachment 187864

From what I can see.. North side of a lot! (30,000 +) I would need more pics to really pinpoint a price. But seems pretty darn good to me. But I wouldn't use ebay.. Too risky..

Good luck!

From the limited pics you posted, it looks like an awesome car and will bring some strong money. I would throw it on e-bay with a 30 - 35K reserve and see what happens. You could also try carsonline.

PM me if you come up with a range or number you are asking...Im a serious buyer with cash, no games, no "if my car sells" have been looking for some time

Yeah, that is what makes it so hard to pinpoint what a guy should ask for it ?
I just don't have the resources to maintain and store it commensurate with the condition anymore,
and,
Having made it this many decades, still in this condition.... and basically untouched, it almost "deserves" to be maintained... if such a term or sentimentality can be applied to a MuscleCar ?
I mean I could post up hundreds of photo's, from door lips to floorboards to serial #'s.... but long story short here, it IS... what it IS... just a very well cared for, and original old Charger R/T.
I mean even the damn rear main is tight... NO DRIPS ! Try finding THAT on an original 133,000 mile 440 Magnum that's never been out of the car, because most of them got beat to death, raced, and generally abused to worn out. This one just starts up on the Choke with a small puff(valve Seals), cleans up right away, then kicks down when warm, and off you go.
NOT that it ain't got power... it DOES ! It can literally boil the hides at a stoplight... and squeals again into 2nd on it's own left in "D" ! The "genuine" 440 Magnum performance that is.... IMO here.... LOST on many "restored" versions.
Just saying that.... it should NOT be driven that way very often anymore.... with respect to maintaining it's condition ?

Thanks for any opinions to Pricing.
Bob.

just my two cents worth,but seeing the pictures of that Charger...I say the heck with retirement,keep working and keep driving the Charger...just saying

These dont come up very often in this condition, based with pics/ info 35-37.5k. Maybe have a professional appraiser give it a look over, JMO..

you will probably already receive a lot of offers via PM.
My advise: Put it on ebay.
The amount of people checking there is really huge. Put a high reserve on it, i.e. 50k$.
See how the auction goes and what offers you get tere. Don't be fast in stopping the auction. Give potential buyers time to see the auction and wait what kind of offers you get. This way you can make sure that not a flipper gets it.

Prepare your auction with a good and long description and a lot of GOOD pictures. Potential buyer should get a real good impression of the car.

Carsten

you will probably already receive a lot of offers via PM.
My advise: Put it on ebay.
The amount of people checking there is really huge. Put a high reserve on it, i.e. 50k$.
See how the auction goes and what offers you get tere. Don't be fast in stopping the auction. Give potential buyers time to see the auction and wait what kind of offers you get. This way you can make sure that not a flipper gets it.

Prepare your auction with a good and long description and a lot of GOOD pictures. Potential buyer should get a real good impression of the car.

Carsten

IMO This is good advice. As long as you have a reserve you have nothing to lose. To put a car up for auction is like $125 if it sells. My only problem with selling a classic car is there seems to be lonely guys that just want to call and talk to you about cars they used to own but have no interest or money to buy what you have.
Good luck!
Dennis

Very nice car- I would love to have it, but the current restoration of my A12 has tapped me out.

GLWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back