• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1969 Charger Restomod Project - Viper twin turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cop Magnet

Local time
7:59 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am selling a deep dive project. This is not for the faint of heart, but if you have access to a shop and can do quality fabrication, this can be an award winning car. You hear the term “no expense spared” a lot, but just read on.

1969 Charger with ‘68 grille, BMW halo headlamps, ‘68 style LED side lamps, ’69 Digitails sequential LED tail lights, Nu-Relic power windows, flush mounted front glass, hood design for reverse tilt and to cover the cowl completely (or could go factory). Ring Bros hood hinges. Lokar electronic door handles. Resto-Mod air. Original bumpers. Clear Illinois title. Body is in great shape. Looks like a 68 with 69 tail lights.

O3iCF1u.jpg

rf3pLhi.jpg

PKJ3BoJ.jpg

xvQcqnYh.jpg

Engine is a Gen III-IV-V Viper twin turbo custom built by Dan Lesser at Viper Specialty Performance. The block is a Gen III, heads Gen IV, and intake Gen V. Everything is controlled by a Pectel ECU with base tune used in the Viper platform. Engine data is displayed on a Cosworth Omega ICD full-color digital dash. No other gauges or indicators needed at all. Control includes 7-position full traction and launch control. Full engine harness is epoxy resin coated and MIL-spec connected. The turbos are CompTurbo ceramic coated 66/67 units. These are oil-less and maintenance free. Tial WG and BOV’s. Huge C&R air to water intercoolers with heat exchangers in the trunk. Headers and hot and cold side all custom built, purge and tig welded stainless and aluminum. All ARP and Vibrant hardware. This setup delivers 1500 HP with low boost, no lag. Fully bullet proof and street or track capable. The engine and associated hardware, dash, and ECU were $100k alone. I will post more detail and pics later.

TR6060 6-speed with RPS triple carbon clutch, Quick Time bellhousing, and Strange driveshaft. Harmon fuel cell with in tank Walbro lift pump and low flow pump (base pump and WOT second pump).

Frame is a full, custom spec’d Art Morrison frame with all Corvette underpinnings. Strange engineering independent rear suspension and Dana 60 pumpkin with 3.54 gears. Corvette C6 hubs, spindles, and control arms. Woodward power rack. Wilwood 14.25” brakes all around, 6-puck front, four pot rear, all spec-37 series. Currently on ZR-1 Cup rims and scrubs, but I have Mickey Thompsons S/R’s for all four corners. 30x12R18 in front and 31x18R20 for the rears. These tires are massive.

Full roll cage. Tilt wheel. Recaro seats. Tilton pedal set. DBW throttle pedal. Painless chassis harness with LED blinkers.

What you need:

Most every expensive part is included, built, or installed. Material needed includes side and rear glass, door poppers, wheels for the M/T’s, small trim pieces. I have new tinted front glass for the flush mount. Fabrication needed: hood needs a bulge and extractor for radiator heat. You can extend this to the window as we planned, or go back to factory with some modification of the factory cowl. I have the original cowl vent panel. The firewall needs some finish work still. The trans tunnel needs to be finished. The roll cage needs the cross bar redone. One section behind the driver was removed to create a curved piece for more clearance. We later channeled the frame to drop the seat, however, so I would go back to a straight crossbar. Fuel cell needs to be installed (we have but were planning to modify). Hard fuel lines are mostly done, flex line needs finishing. All brake lines needed (have master, pedals, DBW throttle pedal, etc). Turbo coolant lines needed. Plumbing to fan needed (runs off PS pump). Piping through rockers for heat exchangers needed. ECU install and connect to existing engine harness. All chassis wiring including wiring to wheel Hall effect sensors (installed) for traction control, lights, and general chassis needs finishing (I have a Painless kit). Needs coilovers. Body and paint. Finish installation of everything. Dyno tune. Win some track events or shows.

What I need:

$140k. I am pretty firm on this price. Work on this full time for 6 months and you can have a half million dollar, SEMA level car. You don’t want to know how much I have into this project and it doesn’t affect the sale price anyway, but it’s many times that. I would consider a trade but it would have to be something as special as this.

Bring on the questions and comments.

Rendering by Murray Pfaff.

7YUyOwah.jpg

More info on the engine:

Viper V-10 Gen III block, Gen IV heads, Gen V intake up to 1500 HP (race gas) by. A proven package built by Viper Specialty Performance.

BAPaOSth.jpg

-Blueprinted Engine w/ Oil System Modifications
-Billet Main Caps & ARP Studding
-Piston Cooling Oil Jets for Hot-Lapping
-Custom Carrillo Billet Connecting Rods w/Multiphase Hardware
-Custom CP Billet Pistons w/Coating Package
-Heavy-Wall DLC Coated .990 Wrist Pins
-Coated bearings
-Keyed and Balanced Crankshaft
-Gen-4 Race Oil Pan with swing-arm pickup
-ATI Damper
-Adjustable Timing Set & Custom Grind Camshaft
-CNC machined Gen-4 Head Conversion Package w/dual Billet Throttle Bodies
-Gen-4 Coil-Near-Plug Conversion, New Spark Plugs & Wires
-RPS triple carbon clutch
-Full Dual-Pumped Variable-Speed Weldon Based Fuel System
-On-demand Secondary Fuel System Minimizes Hot Fuel Return, and is completely quiet during cruise
-Polished and Anodized Billet Fuel Rails
-Gen V intake
-ID1000 Fuel Injectors
-Pectel SQ6M12 Autosport Terminated Controller
-Dual NTK Closed Loop Wideband Sensors
-Dual EGT Monitoring
-Dual Knock Detection
-Cosworth Omega ICD Full Color Digital Dash
-4-Calibration Selectable Tuning [91 Octane, 93 Octane, Pump/Race Mix and Race Fuel]
-7-Position Selectable Traction/Launch Control
-Internal System Logging

-Full Engine System Warnings & Limp Modes
-Expandable for Telemetry System Use
-Full Powder-coating and Appearance Package

-All ARP hardware

Race prepped block.

WU3rxfPh.jpg

hgfETdch.jpg

Custom built, epoxy resin coated harness.

gajlYxrh.jpg

Pectel ECU, mil-spec connectors, and Omega full color digital dash.

01NANgAh.jpg

iqKmEOph.jpg

07l8kUZh.jpg

Near complete engine, turbos, and hardware.

491Majkh.jpg

JEP6dduh.jpg

fWmovKIh.jpg

This pic is current.

B0E5r8R.jpg
B0E5r8R.jpg

Turbos, hot and cold:

The headers are custom tig/purge welded SS units.

Collector.

cHsgd6Nh.jpg

Fitment.

iWI7yAIh.jpg

Taking a smoking break.

Y0LbTtc.jpg

The CompTurbo 66/67 units sit in the well behind the front wheel. These are oil-less, and can go in any orientation.

P0hM0OTh.jpg

qZCS2nb.jpg

Cold air intake goes up and over the front wheels in the fenders. The ungainly boxes are the filter, and would be completely hidden behind the bumper and valence.

hMkSy2sh.jpg

Compressed air goes through two huge C&R air-water intercoolers rated for this HP, to the custom throttle bodies. Water design is to plumb through the rocker panels to the reservoir, Bosch pumps, and heat exchangers in trunk.

KcVnXBah.jpg

Huge C&R radiator. Fan is driven by original equipment Viper unit that is driven by the P/S pump and regulated by the ECU. This makes significantly more CFM than any electric pump can deliver.

XgKvpbfh.jpg

aOav4z0.jpg

Chassis:

Full AME frame with Corvette C6 underpinnings. Woodward Rack. ZR1 hubs. Rear is a Dana 60 with 3.54 gears. The rear is a Strange engineering IRS designed off the modern Camaro. Wilwood brakes as described above.

Here’s the frame as delivered.

u8sG1lCh.jpg

The IRS.

kSC9jYDh.jpg

(Current pic):
tt4KT0y.jpg

Wilwood brakes.

gLpj1SUh.jpg

All fittings for suspension included. No coilovers.

sV0l5i7.jpg

Brakes and ZR1 cup wheels. The calipers are currently in storage. The wheels and scrubs are just for rolling, you will need custom wheels for the M/T’s. You could use Corvette tires, but you’d need a completely custom offset.

frHLWE8h.jpg

This is what the M/T’s would look like on mockup. Much better!

v8xowcwh.jpg

The chassis was attached to the body using a custom built box spacer. The spacer was welded the full length between body and frame.

PvorWTKh.jpg

Hard lines for fuel and return. This is as it is now.

z4sl9cl.jpg

The setup is designed for a belly pan. Only the exhaust will hang below. This is a picture as it sits today.

xvQcqnY.jpg

Roll cage:
The roll cage is fully integrated front to rear. The rear cross brace was modified from it’s original configuration and I would re-do it back to the original design with straight bars. The tubing to the rear chassis needs to be redone as it was removed to fabricate the rear bulkhead.

Original design.
zmDNyUXh.jpg

zv7tKOqh.jpg

ax7efUYh.jpg

The floor mounts for the seats were channeled giving the needed headroom, so the curved horizontal bar can go back to straight.
OM5bEOhh.jpg

The roll cage as it sits now.
5oi0BTWh.jpg

Interior:
This was designed as a race interior. There is no dash, no interior finish, it’s all raw steel. Steering column, Omega digital dash, Recaro seats are included. You’ll need side and rear glass, a dash built, and some switches for power windows and A/C installed. I have the Resto-Mod air switches. Will need two switches or dials for fuel selection and traction control settings.

Tilton pedal set and Lokar DBW throttle (older pics). The Resto-Mod Air box is on the right in second pic. The blower was changed to right angle for more clearance.
0vPGNZ9.jpg

zhq4RtCh.jpg

44l3ci3.jpg

Firewall and floor as it sits today. Needs minor finishing. Trans tunnel needs finishing.
2RgJCs4h.jpg

JCCwf8Vh.jpg

Maxi-tubs.
M8fvMckh.jpg

Rear bulkhead. Fittings are for water to the intercoolers.
FLclm6jh.jpg

Water reservoir and pumps behind the bulkhead.
KV4ec4Wh.jpg

Intercoolers in the trunk, one on each side. As it sits today.
FnZRcWDh.jpg

The project includes a Harmon fuel cell. However, the redesign of the trunk will require some reworking. Harmon is aware and will redo the tank; all the internals and fittings can be reused (you could do this yourself if desired). The tank now will sit behind the rear bulkhead. The fuel cell has in-tank primary and secondary lift pumps. The low pressure pump runs all the time and the secondary triggers on demand. All controlled through the ECU.
5ON1Jb3h.jpg

Body:
New quarters, left door, good fenders.
P5Ctn6ol.jpg

The grill was beautifully restored in flat black with BMW halo LED lights after media blasting. You will need an electric door actuator.
TuaeNpHh.jpg

2cCgVidh.jpg

9OuAdxeh.jpg

The windshield was modified for flush mounting. The original frame edge was replaced with a custom made metal using a one off die. New front glass included.
EyIQdzGh.jpg

fbfTOBom.jpg

F2t2PPSm.jpg

All lights LED, including button-style side lamps in new housings and Digitails sequential tail lamps. Not sure any of these videos work, but they are gorgeous.
SfI74Qk.mp4

[video]
[VIDEO][Imgur](
[VIDEO]
GO0dIHem.jpg
[/VIDEO]

The hood has Ring Bros hinges. We partially modified the cowl vent panel and have been thinking of a reverse tilt hood. However, you could go either way. The original cowl panel could be used but would need to be modified. The current cowl panel is unfinished. The upper edge needs to be finished (glass would sit behind it as it is currently). The hood we had planned would sit on top of this panel.
SeuAZMph.jpg

Let me hear your questions. I encourage anyone interested to come by and see it at the shop. We are in the Chicago suburbs.

I’m sure you’ve heard this before but, damn, you gotta keep this and finish it. So close...

I know, man. I've agonized writing this up all day. I haven't seen a nicer project that is not a marquee car for some big shop
:(

Car is for sale on eBay as well now.
Over the top build. I know this vision well. Your post says engine near completed? Is there now an actual dyno pull on the motor? Or is HP estimated from similar builds? And has the TR 6060 6 speed actual ever held up these these advertised power levels?

Over the top build. I know this vision well. Your post says engine near completed? Is there now an actual dyno pull on the motor? Or is HP estimated from similar builds? And has the TR 6060 6 speed actual ever held up these these advertised power levels?

Thanks! The engine is totally complete. The hot and cold side have been built up to the exhaust. Some plumbing has to be done (piping to the water tank and heat exchangers, cooling lines to turbos). This is a stand-alone package normally used in the Viper configuration. It reliably puts out 1500HP in that platform on race gas. That being said, it is in a custom configuration here (one-off headers, bigger intercoolers, bigger heat exchangers, etc). It would start and run, but it would benefit from dyno tuning for maximum performance. The engine builder Dan Lesser can do that. I've had a Gen II GTS and Gen IV ACR, and Dan is very well known in the Viper community.

Sorry, forgot to add you can leave the trans as is, but it is not rated to that HP level. You can also swap it out for a Magnum or have Emco gears installed (2k HP rated). There are Gen I Vipers making 2k HP on factory transmissions that have been running for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back