• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1969 charger SE heater/ac blower resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

69general

Local time
5:13 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys new to this page, I’m searching for a heater/ac blower resistor for my 69 general. I currently do not have one at all and believe this is why I have no power to the blower motor at all. Seems to be a hard part to come by. I’m up in Canada but was wondering if anyone has one they would part with and would be willing to ship it to me? Thank you in advance for any help! Part number should be 2936278.

1C680EB4-EC09-4F0A-996A-25C1D819F51E.jpeg

If your not sure about it being bad you should diagnose it first. Pretty simple to test. Do you have power going to it on any of the terminals. Reason I say that is with the blower switch on high you are bypassing the resistor and the blower should work.

Hey guys new to this page, I’m searching for a heater/ac blower resistor for my 69 general. I currently do not have one at all and believe this is why I have no power to the blower motor at all. Seems to be a hard part to come by. I’m up in Canada but was wondering if anyone has one they would part with and would be willing to ship it to me? Thank you in advance for any help! Part number should be 2936278.

View attachment 1100866
Welcome to FBBO. Because you are new here and don't know the ropes, I will move this thread to a wanted thread for you. Good luck.

If your not sure about it being bad you should diagnose it first. Pretty simple to test. Do you have power going to it on any of the terminals. Reason I say that is with the blower switch on high you are bypassing the resistor and the blower should work.
How do I go about testing it? It’s hooked up under the hood but when I push the controls inside nothing happens so maybe they are not hooked to the fan. So if I’m not mistaken the resistor is for fan speed but I should still be able to run the blower without it? I don’t have a resistor at all on my car

Hook up 12 volts to the motor and it should run on high speed if good.

Try pm Sixpactogo,I think hes a member here,if not check a thread over on cbodies,he had a couple to offer back in oct 2020

You need the resistor. It is what gives you the three speeds. Are you sure it is not there? It is hard to spot with all the under dash components. It is mounted in the heater box itself. With factory A/C you almost need to pull the gauge panel to get to it. Maybe by removing the ash tray and some of the duct work. I know mine is a PIA to get to. If the resistor is there, you could also have a failed switch, blown fuse, bad motor, loose connection or most any other combination. There are two different power wires from the fuse box that goes to the control switch. One for the A/C and the other for the heater. the system is kinda complicated and really needs everything in place to work properly. You need to verify yours is missing first before you start ordering parts you may not need. Seems like theses resistors are getting pretty far and few between and people are asking big bucks for them these day. If you don't have a wiring diagram, get one and start tracing wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back