• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger Spring Special - Ebay

Big D A12

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Like everyone, I have been watching the 68-70 Charger market explode in the last few months. Has Gordon Gekko put out the buy order? Some of the prices are, well, unbelievable.

This car is in my neck of the woods. Looks like a few good parts, but that is it. People have not seen Wisconsin rust until they have worked on this type of car. When you hear the term "rusted from the door handles down", this is what it looks like. (It is even door handles up on this one!)

What am I missing when a car like this sells for $5k plus? I was expecting to see a E74 code, but E61, D32 column shift?

DD

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

A14 1969 Charger.jpg

I’ve had a couple of those Wisconsin cars. A 69 Bee and a 68 Charger. 40 yrs later I bought one down here in Texas that was not restored in bettter shape for about the same price. I’d have to take a pass on that and look for something not in the salt belt.

What you are seeing is the hype of 68-70 B body, plus Charger, plus Dukes of Hazzard, plus Barret Jackson/Mecum, plus the glut of restomod TV shows.

That adds up to a LOT of hype.

Last edited:
Rust bucket.....greater than 50% AMD replacement....

Buyers needs to really educate themselves on the costs associated to just get that car road worthy...

Buyers needs to really educate themselves on the costs associated to just get that car road worthy...

That is truly the understatement of the year. It boggles my mind to see how people are willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a 68-70 Charger that is hardy even worthy of being a parts car. Much better cars are out there.

That is truly the understatement of the year. It boggles my mind to see how people are willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a 68-70 Charger that is hardy even worthy of being a parts car. Much better cars are out there.
The other big question is how many get finished? I have also seen cars like this being sold where the owner started, gets in too deep and walks away....Then tries to sell it while it sits on a homemade frame jig or dolly....

The other big question is how many get finished? I have also seen cars like this being sold where the owner started, gets in too deep and walks away....Then tries to sell it while it sits on a homemade frame jig or dolly....

A 383 2 barrel 68-70 Charger is worth in the mid-30s at best and all the sheetmetal, reconstructive bodywork & paint on that car alone would be 25 grand and who'se going to undertake that???? That car needs to be put on a jig, but you couldn't even do that (if you had access to one) because there's just nothing left of the floors and frame!

What would you bolt the gas tank to so you could drive it home....
I am kidding.
I can hear that thing rust out here in Oregon.

A 383 2 barrel 68-70 Charger is worth in the mid-30s at best and all the sheetmetal, reconstructive bodywork & paint on that car alone would be 25 grand and who'se going to undertake that???? That car needs to be put on a jig, but you couldn't even do that (if you had access to one) because there's just nothing left of the floors and frame!
You and I both know these cars are getting bought and butchered....How many get finished? vs how many get resold with a box of new parts?

Auto Transport Service
Back