• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1969 Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Ferrell

Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
Recently retired veteran and seek 1969 Charger to drive as my retirement car. I am in Houston. My preference is a restomodded Charger or a nice one I can restomod myself, but I’m leaning on the community here to help me try and find a good one.

The particulars of the car are flexible but I prefer no vinyl top, 440, and etc…. But again I intend to personalize it over time so all that stuff is less important right now.

I mainly want a nice ‘69 and hopefully without rust, and not from some crook who I’ll have to track down if the deal gets jacked up.

I’ve read the scammers warning here.

So that’s my deal, if you have a ‘69 or know of one and would like to place it in a good home WHERE IT WILL BE DRIVEN then I’m the guy.

Thanx much to anyone with info for me..

Dave

do you have a price level in mind,because that will help determine just how nice of a car you can afford to buy,in a charger.
also,Welcome to the forum,and ps,if you see any comments about wantonebad or another fella pop up on your topic,
just remember we have had others say the same thing and then flip flip flip the car they scored.
so dont take it personally,and we hope to get to know you.
from one vet to another...Ty for your Service.

do you have a price level in mind,because that will help determine just how nice of a car you can afford to buy,in a charger.
also,Welcome to the forum,and ps,if you see any comments about wantonebad or another fella pop up on your topic,
just remember we have had others say the same thing and then flip flip flip the car they scored.
so dont take it personally,and we hope to get to know you.
from one vet to another...Ty for your Service.

Well from one vet to another, "you're very welcome," and thanx for saying so....

SO as to price, I can spend something along the lines of 70-90K all-in..... That'll have to include acquisition, any transportation, and then what mods I can afford depending on how much I spend there up front. So I know they are getting pricey but am hoping I can find something good within that range.

As to certain commentary, yeah I've seen some already. Internet mouth... I'll never understand why the ragging folks do online. Whatever....

I'm just a guy asking a question or two.

Anyways, thanx for any input and I'll stay on overwatch here for any tips from you and the peeps here.

Dave

o man,you are all set then,great budget and realistic view.
youll deffo find a nice charger.

as far as the commentary,when mopar folks,who are really Decent folks usually,band together to help one of the members,and then that member totally shits on the group,well,thats when youll see commentary.
again,this has nothing to do with you personally,its just a headsup.
Welcome to the forum.

ps,were you thinking of perchance building a restomod dirty mary and crazy larry charger to drive cross country on the one lap of America ?
( can you tell what my bucket list/dream is ? lol )

Oh I am DEF going to drive it, and in big mileage numbers along those lines....

My oldest boy is a Cincinnati going to university and I'll need to see him on the regular... And, well, who wants to fly these days, so..... This is among the reasons I am leaning towards modern drivetrain on the classic body/frame.... Although I am flexible on these and other issues i do have definite wants in mind and I reckon a modern Hmei with EFI and all is probably gonna work better for krazy bucket list long-*** driving.... Now doing the One Lap, well, that's next level ****.... Respect. From a guy who used to read Satch Carlson in old-style Autoweek before he got busted for whatever the hell back in the day.....

Oh I am DEF going to drive it, and in big mileage numbers along those lines....

My oldest boy is a Cincinnati going to university and I'll need to see him on the regular... And, well, who wants to fly these days, so..... This is among the reasons I am leaning towards modern drivetrain on the classic body/frame.... Although I am flexible on these and other issues i do have definite wants in mind and I reckon a modern Hmei with EFI and all is probably gonna work better for krazy bucket list long-*** driving.... Now doing the One Lap, well, that's next level ****.... Respect. From a guy who used to read Satch Carlson in old-style Autoweek before he got busted for whatever the hell back in the day.....

So can anybody tell me what is the deal with classiccarguy.com which alleges to be in San Luis Obispo CA and the connection to that place in the Chicago area that, alleged by ads on these inter webs, to have a big pile of 68-69 Chargers?

Like other before me who went looking for such a ride I found the ads and see that despite CCG.com having a good rating at BBB the Mopar folks here issue a stern warning about slap together hoodies and ****...

Once I saw that big page of cars all at medium prices and allegedly available I got suspicious and started looking here to see what this community has said about those one/two businesses...

And it appears to be a bad idea, for sure, if not a total scam, is that the right way to look at it? As in you'd waste a **** ton of money getting a car that isn't what you think it is??

Dave

Well from one vet to another, "you're very welcome," and thanx for saying so....

SO as to price, I can spend something along the lines of 70-90K all-in..... That'll have to include acquisition, any transportation, and then what mods I can afford depending on how much I spend there up front. So I know they are getting pricey but am hoping I can find something good within that range.

As to certain commentary, yeah I've seen some already. Internet mouth... I'll never understand why the ragging folks do online. Whatever....

I'm just a guy asking a question or two.

Anyways, thanx for any input and I'll stay on overwatch here for any tips from you and the peeps here.

Dave
Not mine, I don't know anything about this particular car, and I don't know anything about these guys. However, this one looks interesting and nice. Their asking price is possibly a bit on the high side.

https://www.fastlanecars.com/vehicles/2990/1969-dodge-charger-se

So can anybody tell me what is the deal with classiccarguy.com which alleges to be in San Luis Obispo CA and the connection to that place in the Chicago area that, alleged by ads on these inter webs, to have a big pile of 68-69 Chargers?

Like other before me who went looking for such a ride I found the ads and see that despite CCG.com having a good rating at BBB the Mopar folks here issue a stern warning about slap together hoodies and ****...

Once I saw that big page of cars all at medium prices and allegedly available I got suspicious and started looking here to see what this community has said about those one/two businesses...

And it appears to be a bad idea, for sure, if not a total scam, is that the right way to look at it? As in you'd waste a **** ton of money getting a car that isn't what you think it is??

Dave
It seems like many of them are some type of freelance internet broker. It is difficult at times to figure out who actually has the car and where it's located. Frustrating for sure.

Dave

RUN AWAY as fast as you can from "Classic car Guy"... "HPLAG".... as far as I know been a ton of names over the years... "Hans" somebody or other ?
Look around or better yet ASK over at Dodgecharger.com

IMO,
you have a good budget, just take your time and conduct good due diligence.... and the right one will come along.

Personally I just dunno about the restomod thing ?
seems more trouble than it's worth because I guess I've been spoiled.... mine's a survivor 440 magnum R/T that's been very simple 'well maintained'... and it runs great, never skips a beat, idles well in traffic even on 100* days and can still roast the hides at will ? but that's just me I guess because I can't see the point in changing a damn thing ? if it ain't broke then don't fix it ?

Yeah I did so, and thanx for the feedback...

Found a real car, with tons of metal/fab rest done already, and bought it. Inbound to Houston from the east coast here this week.

Then then fun begins.... Thanx all for input here, ....it's good to have brothers looking out for me on overwatch while I fumble around here as a newbie...

D

Yeah I did so, and thanx for the feedback...

Found a real car, with tons of metal/fab rest done already, and bought it. Inbound to Houston from the east coast here this week.

Then then fun begins.... Thanx all for input here, ....it's good to have brothers looking out for me on overwatch while I fumble around here as a newbie...

D
Any picture(s) from the seller's ad you can post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back