• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 dodge charger door shells

Oh: I have a great story on that. My son bought a pair for his 68, the one side fit pretty good. The other one suffered from AMD quality control and they cut the inner shell about an inch too far forward. So if you hacked everything to make the skin fit the opening the door shell wouldn't fit in the opening anyway. I took lots of photos and forwarded them to the guy that sold them to my son. He wouldn't do anything for us even though it was a $15k CDN order.
I ended up deskinning the old shell, fixing the rust and mounting the AMD skin on the old shell. Not impressed, this wasn't a "slight tweak".
The skins still needed tweaking front and back on the topside but that is to be expected. You will most likely have add some filler on the tops to match the fender and quarter.
(The photo shows how far away the latch was from the striker with the AMD door mounted somewhat centered in the opening, beautiful)

charger20.JPG

charger22.JPG

charger19.JPG

Read my "Broke my 7UP machine" thread and then do yourself a favour and hunt down a beat up OE door.

Oh: I have a great story on that. My son bought a pair for his 68, the one side fit pretty good. The other one suffered from AMD quality control and they cut the inner shell about an inch too far forward. So if you hacked everything to make the skin fit the opening the door shell wouldn't fit in the opening anyway. I took lots of photos and forwarded them to the guy that sold them to my son. He wouldn't do anything for us even though it was a $15k CDN order.
I ended up deskinning the old shell, fixing the rust and mounting the AMD skin on the old shell. Not impressed, this wasn't a "slight tweak".
The skins still needed tweaking front and back on the topside but that is to be expected. You will most likely have add some filler on the tops to match the fender and quarter.
(The photo shows how far away the latch was from the striker with the AMD door mounted somewhat centered in the opening, beautiful)

View attachment 1417319

View attachment 1417320

View attachment 1417321
A friend of mine gave me an A

View attachment 1417319

View attachment 1417320

View attachment 1417321
A friend of mine gave me a new AMD Charger door because of this issue.

Auto Transport Service
Back