• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Charger Front Bucket Seat Frame

Lngbrdz

Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
Just got a call from my upholstery guy. He stated he disasembled the front seats and the front passenger side seat back is in horrible shape. I haven't seen it yet but I'm guessing its bad. Anyone know where they can be had?
Thanks

Good news is the frame it self fits more than Charger....
68 & 69 A & B body....

the front passenger side seat back is in horrible shape.

Send pics.

The devil is in the details. Offhand, I'd say find a friend w/ a blast cabinet and a MIG welder, some 14 ga metal for the frame, springs from a used back seat and fix it.

Just got a call from my upholstery guy. He stated he disasembled the front seats and the front passenger side seat back is in horrible shape. I haven't seen it yet but I'm guessing its bad. Anyone know where they can be had?
Thanks

Are you intent on keeping the original seats?

Budget is tight. Why what do you have in mind? Im not going original if thats what you meant.

Well I wanted seats that were actually buckets that would hold you in place during hard driving, so I bought some seats from Procar that had really high bolsters but had a vintage look to them. They cost $300 each at the time plus about another $200 for the brackets. For me it was function over form because the original seats sucked, IMO. I'll post pictures when I get the chance...

So come to find out the seat frame is not going to be able to be used or repaired to my satisfaction. Any ideas or pics of what you all may have done.

WBkeehf.jpg

7JVyOjv.jpg

These are the ProCar 2 Rally seats I mentioned. They are supportive and comfortable enough. No vertical adjustment is a PITA but I don't plan on growing any time soon...

That looks nice. I just talked to procar they are 2 towns over from me. Im thinking about doing their 80 classic with headrest. The rep quoted me 335 per seat and 88 per adapter. Total 846. My upholstery guy can add some bolster. Are you happy with procar?

Auto Transport Service
Back