• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - "General Lee" Project -DUBAI-

Mr Z

Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
Hey all,
I decided to post about my 69 Charger on this forum, i usually post it on (Instagram: 1969Dubai).

Would appreciate to get tips and information about parts later on.

Car: Dodge Charger 1969 R/T
Engine: 440 Mopar Big Block 7.2L with holley
Transmission: Stock (Manual )

Things i need to buy:

Brake Kit Front & Rear: Still looking

Suspension kit: Still looking

Fuel Pump: Still looking

Fuel Tank:
Still looking

Engine Upgrade: Thinking about it

Transmission Upgrade: Thinking about it

Digital cluster ( Speedometer ) replacing with the old one.

Note: Hopefully this will be a daily used car.

w9W2DHx.png

puDtocQ.png

YgbFvw5.png

Zd98E8s.png

j56bpSg.png

NDRIVDj.png

kjy3b5B.png

xerVxOJ.png

pwnejDf.png

zBaK2qb.png

Last edited:
Does anyone has an idea about a better Brake Kit Front & Rear quality for 69 charger

Does anyone has an idea about a better Brake Kit Front & Rear quality for 69 charger
Dr. Diff has some decent stuff and stands behind what he sells.

Thanks for the pics, I suggest you to introduce yourself and your project in the welcome wagon, a lot of guys will watch you there and is a good start point for your questions, btw do you have the fender tag?

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, I suggest you to introduce yourself and your project in the welcome wagon, a lot of guys will watch you there and is a good start point for your questions, btw do you have the fender tag?
Will do :) and yes i have the fender tag i just need to find it in the box, i took it off while painting the car

What are you looking for, stock replacement, aftermarket big brakes?
No, im looking for a new brake system. The stock brake has less safety features comparing with the newer brakes (depends on what kind) if you know what i mean.

It looked pretty bada$$ in it's patina...good luck w the rest of the build

gotta love the general lee, looks good, and whatever you do don't lose that fender tag.

Check out a user named "invincibleextremes" on dodgecharger.com. He makes caliper brackets for different setups. Not sure on the pricing, but they are very affordable. I used 2014 Mustang GT calipers and 13" rotors on the front and 2014 Mustang GT calipers and 12" discs on the rear. I bought OEM takeoffs from ebay for around $150 per set. I was able to easily piece together a 4 wheel disc setup with hydroboost for around $700-$800.

20161204_173237.jpg 20161204_173249.jpg 20180218_1742566666.jpg

Check out a user named "invincibleextremes" on dodgecharger.com. He makes caliper brackets for different setups. Not sure on the pricing, but they are very affordable. I used 2014 Mustang GT calipers and 13" rotors on the front and 2014 Mustang GT calipers and 12" discs on the rear. I bought OEM takeoffs from ebay for around $150 per set. I was able to easily piece together a 4 wheel disc setup with hydroboost for around $700-$800.

View attachment 726838 View attachment 726839 View attachment 726840
Wow this actually looks great. 700-800$ pretty good to be honest. My budget for the brake kit is about 2000$ max

Thanks for sharing i will differently check them.

Good start there! I did the same as above, went with caliper brackets and Mustang Brembo brakes.
I used to live in Dubai, still miss that place..

Quick update:
Installed the brake kit front/rear + the QA1 suspension for both front/rear

e55O2Ds.png

idGnqC8.png

AH857RK.png

I found out that i need to buy new ball joints :S

Rl6hSvq.jpg

5unTRDD.jpg

0EZ4cpn.jpg

Engine/Transmission Done. needs testing now.

View attachment 726838 View attachment 726839 View attachment 726840
Do you have a build thread, if not you need to start one because that's looking whicked!!!:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back