• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 1969 Dodge Charger with specific options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
After doing research and saving money for a few years the
time has come to start searching and buying my dream car.

Im looking for a 69 Charger, but not any 69 charger,
it should have the following options:
(Required)

- B5 Blue Paint
3853_p16_l.jpg

- B7 Blue Interior
B7 Color.jpg

- Bench Seat
ebay149640857111440 2.jpg

- Must have a 440
-- Preferable a real RT, but maybe also a very good non RT that has been upgraded to RT Specs (Clone) including a 440.
- Automatic
- Power Steering **

* The Interior should be in really good condition. Im really picky about that.
That means no rips, tears, cracks etc. in the dash, seats, panels whatsoever.

** Well if it does not have Power Steering but everything else please contact me anyway.
Im not 100% sure if i really need it. Also i think you can upgrade to Power Steering.

What would be nice, but not required:

- Factory AC (Otherwise i would have to Upgrade, because i really need AC)
- Power Windows

I would also be interested in a Car with an upgraded Engine which has at least around 500rwhp.
But must still have the required Options (see above) and also remain the Stock look.
That means no Roll Cage, Aftermarket Seats, Gauges and the like.
Also no Modern Engines/Technology, No Fuel Injection.
Of Course Gear Vendors Overdrive or a modern 6 Speed Automatic out of a Charger/Challenger for example would be ok/nice.

My Budget is about 50000$.
(Do not want to Exceed 50k if not really necessary because that would hurt)
But that Number is not written in Stone and depends on the individual Car (+/-)
But Please be realistic, thanks.
For Reference (Exactly what i want except it has Buckets instead of a Bench Seat):
https://www.nsclassics.com/1969-dod...block-sweet-from-california-mopar--c-3853.htm
Also feel free to Check Hagerty and Nadaguides values, as i did.

Important Information
I am located in Germany (About 50 Miles from the famous Oktoberfest in Munich which starts this Weekend).
So i cant look at Cars in the United States in Person.
I already dealt with berlinmotors.de / berlinmotorslogistics.com (US Site) in the past and will do again this time.
So when you offer me a Car, i will send an Expert from Berlin Motors to look at it.
They will Inform me about the Condition of the Car, and if it is good also buy it in my Name.
Just to let you know.
I am no Car Dealer or something, just a Privat Mopar Enthusiast from Germany who will Love and Garage his new Toy. :)

There are 4 Chargers in USA and Europe for Sale right now with the right Colors and a 440. (That i am aware of)
Unfortunately 3 (including the one from the Hagerty Link) have Bucket Seats instead of the Buddy/Bench Seat i want.
But that gives me hope there are quite a few blue ones left. :)

This one is very close but out of my Budget and i also do not think its worth it: (Its 100% more or less what i want)
https://classiccars.com/listings/vi...rger-for-sale-in-los-angeles-california-90210
I contacted the Seller to get some more info and its no real RT.
Also it was restored 10 Years ago from the Previous owner. He Says he dont know if it was frame off restored, so i guess it wasnt.
He said the Price in the ad is a mistake and the Price is 75k. I offered him 55k but he didnt agreed.
(Hagerty says 50 grand for an Excellent non RT Charger, i offered more because it has a 440 and is exactly what i want)
There is one for Sale in Europe that has been frame off restored for like 85k$. Wont pay 75k for a non RT that has been restored 10 years ago, most likely not frame off.

Well i just started my search and have time.
Will see what comes up in the next months. :)
Can cut corners also later if really necessary.

So how long have you been a MoPar guy? ....curious now....

The car you seek probably never existed, and even if it did, I doubt would be in your price range. It may pay to be a little less specific with the options and be prepared to compromise on what you can modify legally in Germany without the extra red-tape involved.

Well i know the Charger has a self supporting design.
"Frame off" for me refers to a complete disassembly of the car and restore it to like new condition.
I know it technically just means that the body gets seperated from the frame.
None the less this dealer also calls it "Frame off" restoration and means exactly that. (Restored to like new condition)

Last edited:
First off....
NO SUCH THING as a "BENCH" Seat in a 1969 Dodge Charger !
They never came with.... or were offered from factory with a "BENCH" Seat..... even the picture you posted if you LOOK ? is "BUCKET" Seats with a "Buddy" seat and folding armrest in the Middle.
and,
If you ever do FIND a "Bench" seat 1969 Charger ? someone has installed it from something else.

See Here: Bucket seats "STD" on ALL 1969 Chargers !
https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/SalesmansPocketGuides/1969/69_Charger_1.jpg

Secondly....
Upgrading a NON-R/T example to "R/T" is far more involved than merely dumping in a 440 or Hemi Engine in it and badging it with "R/T" emblems ?
R/T's included the std S-15 suspension Pkg on 440 Cars, as well as larger Fuel Lines, Brakes, and a few other things I will NOT discuss here as NO time nor patience for those who believe otherwise.

IMO,
if you are spending $50K.... you are well advised to take your time and look for a properly documented real R/T example ? if for no other reason than to maintain valuation.... with Fender Tag... with Broadcast Sheet.... and concentrate far less on B5 with B7 ?
or,
just buy a heap 'o poo-poo and trouble because it's B5 with B7 ?

Just say'in.... look for quality FIRST... a color you can live with 2nd.

First off....
NO SUCH THING as a "BENCH" Seat in a 1969 Dodge Charger !
They never came with.... or were offered from factory with a "BENCH" Seat..... even the picture you posted if you LOOK ? is "BUCKET" Seats with a "Buddy" seat and folding armrest in the Middle.
and,
If you ever do FIND a "Bench" seat 1969 Charger ? someone has installed it from something else.

I mean the Buddy Seat with Bench Seat. :)

https://classiccars.com/listings/vi...rger-r-t-for-sale-in-scottsdale-arizona-85260

looks like this car did not sold at the first auction.
As this is pretty close to what im looking for im interested.

Does anybody know the highest bid from the last auction in the past?
Does anybody know the reserve?

And also very important there is no fender tag, broadcast sheet etc. specified.
they also say "correct" 440 not "matching numbers" or the like in the ad.
So is this even a real RT and if so numbers matching? or just a clone?

Maybe someone knows this car and could give a little bit of information?

Looks like there IS a fender tag. Vin XS29L9B174774

Vehicle Description

This factory L-code highly optioned big-block Charger has a correct 440/375hp engine with an automatic transmission. Detailed engine bay with original Fender Tag. Finished in the color combination of B5 Blue with a white body stripe and a Baltic Blue bucket-seat interior. Options include center console, tachometer and Rallye gauges, SE Luxury Package, power steering, windows and front disc brakes, styled road wheels with BFGoodrich tires, 3.55 posi-traction rear differential, tinted glass and AM radio stereo with 8-track. ** PREVIEW

Yes but there is no picture of a fender tag or build/broadcast sheet so i cant verify the info given.
But at least the Vin confirms its a real RT. :)
I guess i would have to ask for further information.

But more important does anybody know the reserve or at least highest bid from the last auction where it did not sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back