• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1969 Dodge Coronet 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

keensali

Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am listing my 1969 Dodge Coronet 500 for sale. Not what I want to do, but we are buying a new house and it is what I should do. I will not hide a thing from any potential buyer. I will describe the good and the not as good for this car. If you have ANY questions, just ask. I have lots of pictures and am happy to take plenty more of what ever you need to see.
Body: The car is very solid. The only area I can find that needs replacing(body wise) is the trunk floor pan. It does have a 68 Coronet drivers side fender. Was that way when I bought it. I am no expert, but the rest of the body looks very good to me. I cannot see any areas of filler at all. The hood is not perfectly straight, but not badly messed up either. It has a few small dings and a gentle bend in it. See pictures, not bad at all really. On the passenger side, the chrome body trim has a kink in it behind the door, as does the passenger fender chrome trim. Both happened when previous owner loaded it on a trailer.
Floors look very good, as do the sub frame rails at both ends. Antenna is broken off, but base is still in tact.
It has the vinyl roof and it is in great shape. It does have a few dime sized rust bubbles under it and that is it.
Drive train: It comes with the stock 318 2bbl with factory air. It has the stock 904 transmission. Engine runs fairly good, but the exhaust is rotted badly. Pretty much straight exhaust at this point. Will need new headers, does come with good exhaust manifolds. It runs and it drives and it stops.
Factory drum brakes all around. At the moment it will leak gas when it runs, does not leak it when it is not running. It leaks right at the fuel line out of the tank. I will do my best to address this before long. It has aftermarket rims(14"), I do not have the originals. 2 of the tires are weather cracked, the other 2 are in better shape.
Interior: Odometer shows around 95000 miles. I cannot verify if it has been around or not. Front seats are all there, but in rough shape. Seat covers are very rough, as is the foam underneath. Mechanisms all work for tilting the seat etc. They are stock with factory head rests. Rear seat is in much better shape. Has aftermarket radio(I do not have the stock one) and 6x9's in the back deck. Aftermarket steering wheel(I do not have the stock one). The carpet and head liner were replaced at one time in its life. They are both grey in colour. Not sure why previous owner choose grey, but he did. Head liner is in great shape, carpets are good too.
Has stock console auto shift. There is slack in the shifter itself, not the tranny. I assume the spring mechanism of the shifter. Dash is cracked. Interior lights work fine. Rear glass is good, as is side windows. They all roll up and down. Windshield has a crack.
If I have missed anything, feel free to ask. The car is in Hoover Alabama. It will be sold with bill of sale. Alabama will not issue a title for vehicles older than 1974. Please feel free to contact any Alabama state title issuing office to confirm. I do have a valid Tennessee title that will go with the car. It was bought in Memphis Tenn and has been a southern car all its life.
As mentioned, I will do what I can to address the fuel leak so it can be driven on my street, but it will not go on the highway with straight exhaust and no tags. photo (2).jpgphoto (3).jpgphoto (4).jpgphoto (6).jpgphoto (7).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

More pictures....

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 2,851
  • photo (11).jpg
    photo (11).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 2,771
  • photo (14).jpg
    photo (14).jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,734
  • photo (13).jpg
    photo (13).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 2,912
Thx... My son has been lookin 68-69 coronet..

No longer for sale. Decided to enjoy working and driving the car myself.

Sorry it took a while to answer. I am Canadian, but living in Alabama now. Been here 3 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back