• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Gtx. Column Shift Auto to 4spd Swap

Hammer136

Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
Hello looking to swap my column shift auto to 4 spd manual. Whats the best setup. 440 mild build purple cam asking for a friend. Pics?

I did one a couple years ago.
It’s all sorted out for you, if you use factory architecture.
Be prepared to spend about 5,500 bucks, at a minimum. (I was at 6000, doing 100% of the work myself)
Use one of the 4 speed shops for parts.

Way too many choices/parameters that you're leaving out to give advice.
Factory 4 speed? Aftermarket 5 speed? If so, which one?
Mechanical or hydraulic clutch? Many choices here....
There is a metric crap-ton of videos, articles, posts all over the internet on converting
an auto car to stick. Do your due diligence (homework) and use the "SEARCH" box
liberally.
There's literally threads going on here at FBBO right now of people doing this conversion!

I like the conversion. Especially if car is not numbers matching? I have posted before. And will continue. I truly believe one misses some of the muscle car experience with an automatic trans. JMO.

Last edited:
I like the conversation. Especially if car is not numbers matching? I have posted before. And will continue. I truly believe one misses some of the muscle car experience with an automatic trans. JMO.
Honestly, I wouldn't own one if it wasn't a stick.
Automatics are great for our daily drivers, but manuals are where it's at with musclecars, least for me.

Contact Brewers. They will give you a parts list and price for absolutely everything you will need.

There is a metric crap-ton of videos, articles, posts all over the internet on converting
liberally.
There's literally threads going on here at FBBO right now of people doing this conversion!
search box.png

liberally.
Thanks.

I’ve done this 3 times, (and drive an auto these days). Super easy, just need a matching set of parts and some easy welding. Pedals always seemed to be the hardest part to find.

Im in Delaware where are you. Looing for a shop to help.?

Auto Transport Service
Back