• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 GTX

flamed34

Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,
Been lurking here for some time since I purchased my 1969 GTX. I've finally joined with plans to list it for sale here. Too many other projects, too little time, and not enough storage.
The GTX is a factory Scorch Red with black hood stripes, black top, black interior A36 car (440, 727, 3.55 Sure Grip, 11" brakes, Hemi suspension) that is incredibly solid other than the typical rear window area from the vinyl top.
I've been looking forward to restoring this car but between my other projects, painting cars for others, and restoring a 2nd house I just can't see getting to it anytime soon.
Until I get around to listing it in the correct forum later tonight, here's a teaser. You may have seen it listed on FB groups or my local CL. Not selling cheap - this thing is solid! And I don't need to sell. But 8 cars of my own in the wings, I'm trying to avoid being the "I'm gonna restore it one day" guy.
IMG_3016.JPG

Cool 69 GTX project

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

Welcome Car looks familiar. Has it been posted on here before?

Welcome to FBBO. I'm a really GTX fan - since I have a 68. I vote you dump a couple of your other projects and restore this one. Looks like a solid car.

Welcome to FBBO. I'm a really GTX fan - since I have a 68. I vote you dump a couple of your other projects and restore this one. Looks like a solid car.

It's an amazingly solid car and if it doesn't sell, I'll eventually get to it. I plan on letting some of the lesser projects go as well. I'm finishing a restoration on a '49 Willys Station wagon then that will be sold, have a '55 DeSoto with a good running 291 Hemi that I need to put the 2nd rocker in and then prep and paint before letting go, and a rough '57 Plymouth that may end up being a front end and rear end set of couches if it doesn't sell.
As for the cars I'm keeping - an amazingly solid and complete '60 Impala 348/tri-power sport coupe, a 1968 Corvette convertible that's been in the family for 30+ years that I recently purchased from my father and brought home to finish the restoration last weekend, a 1934 Chevy Town Sedan I'm about 90% done with, 1927 and 1930 Ford roadsters...plus a 47 Merc and a 51 Ford custom my father and I built.
I am torn - I've been a Mopar fan since a kid. The first car I ever restored was a Mopar (1960 Plymouth Fury) I started when I was 13 and finished at 16. But I had to buy the vette to keep it in the family and I'm motivated to get that one finished next instead of wrapping up a couple of the other projects and getting going on the GTX.
That all being said - I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't sell. I'll just be the "I'm gonna restore that one day" guy.

It's an amazingly solid car and if it doesn't sell, I'll eventually get to it. I plan on letting some of the lesser projects go as well. I'm finishing a restoration on a '49 Willys Station wagon then that will be sold, have a '55 DeSoto with a good running 291 Hemi that I need to put the 2nd rocker in and then prep and paint before letting go, and a rough '57 Plymouth that may end up being a front end and rear end set of couches if it doesn't sell.
As for the cars I'm keeping - an amazingly solid and complete '60 Impala 348/tri-power sport coupe, a 1968 Corvette convertible that's been in the family for 30+ years that I recently purchased from my father and brought home to finish the restoration last weekend, a 1934 Chevy Town Sedan I'm about 90% done with, 1927 and 1930 Ford roadsters...plus a 47 Merc and a 51 Ford custom my father and I built.
I am torn - I've been a Mopar fan since a kid. The first car I ever restored was a Mopar (1960 Plymouth Fury) I started when I was 13 and finished at 16. But I had to buy the vette to keep it in the family and I'm motivated to get that one finished next instead of wrapping up a couple of the other projects and getting going on the GTX.
That all being said - I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't sell. I'll just be the "I'm gonna restore that one day" guy.
Wow - I've never heard of a guy with so many projects and of a varied nature as you. Sounds really cool. Good luck with everything and I hope you end up with the GTX finished too!

It's an amazingly solid car and if it doesn't

I think we are all that "restore it one day guy." Most of us have a few "pans on the back burner" or several.
All of yours sound pretty cool, would be hard to get rid of any of them.
Because you intend to sell several, I would start with the nearest complete and work my way back.
Once you sell one or two of your existing projects, that sweet GTX will be your main stay.
There's just something about a GTX that stands apart from any other vehicles, Mopars included.
If finished it would be the crown jewel of your collection

Wow - I've never heard of a guy with so many projects and of a varied nature as you. Sounds really cool. Good luck with everything and I hope you end up with the GTX finished too!
I've always just been a car guy and bought and built what I like. What really buried me was I did several cosmetic restorations for others while my cars were on hold...and then I bought the GTX, the Impala fell in my lap a week later (with another car I've already sold), and then my father decided he wanted to sell the corvette a week after that!

I am very interested in that car.
I was living in NC for 7 month. I am from Germany, and i would feel very good having a 1969 GTX from NC over here.

What's the price tag on your GTX if/when it goes up,for sale. Or is this just a teaser....?

Thanks all. For some reason, I wasn't getting alerts so hadn't seen the posts. I've been locked in the garage during all my spare time working on a 1950 Willys Station wagon I'm restoring...trying to get it wrapped up so I can get on to the next.
As threewood posted the CL link, plus I have it listed in the classifieds.
Funny...I just told the wife tonight I decided I wasn't going to take it to the Charlotte Autofair in 1 1/2 weeks...that I build it after the next "must do" project. But if someone is still interested, I'd probably still let it go...

Auto Transport Service
Back