• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Hemi Roadrunner cam with power brakes

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:43 PM
Reaction score
I have a friend who is wrapping up a rotisserie restoration of a 69 Hemi 4-speed Roadrunner with factory power brakes. It's an original Hemi car but the original engine is missing in action. Anyway the story he has acquired from sources is that this particular combination in 1969 was fitted with a hydraulic cam to assure adequate vacuum for the power brakes. I've never heard of that before prior to the hydraulic cam coming out in 1970 Hemi models. He has gone with a hydraulic roller for a little more ummph but curious if anyone else has heard of a Hemi hydraulic cam being used in 1969

Just looked at the Mopar Engine Bible & it says the '68 -'69 were a solid lifter design. '70 -'71 were the same profile but hydraulic lifters.

A stock hemi cam is fine with power brakes. Hydraulic or mechanical makes no difference.

A stock hemi cam is fine with power brakes. Hydraulic or mechanical makes no difference.

That's what I thought - several thousand were sold in 66 - 68 with power brakes. The street Hemi cam was fairly mild. I doubt he is getting good information but I haven't tried to tell him that.

Auto Transport Service
Back