• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Plymouth Seat Medallion Alternative

Olde Moparz

Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
I've been trying to locate these damn things for months & months & have had a tough time. When I did find some, they were quite expensive so I just thought I'd let people know that there is a very close alternative for the 1969 Plymouth. It may be sacrilege to some of you, but I came across some Chebby parts on ebay that look a lot like the Plymouth ones. If you have them side by side you can see the slight difference, but if you had a complete set of 8 for the front & rear, I doubt anyone can tell.

There were 4 used Plymouth medallions on ebay a few months ago that were listed on there over & over again for $140.00 plus shipping. I needed a set & almost gave up when I spotted & snagged a set of 8 Chebby medallions for only $12.00 that included the shipping. The vinyl inserts are two different shades of blue, but I will freshen them with some dye before installing them. The length & width are almost identical (2-1/8" long x 1/2" wide) but there is a slight difference in the bow & taper.

By the way, the Chebby ones are being reproduced, so if you want new ones & don't mind a slight difference, then you can get them in chrome or black here for $9.99/pair & paint the center area......

http://www.classicindustries.com/shop/1966/impala/parts/emblems-decals/interior-emblems/

Here is a photo for comparison.....

Seat Medallions 1, 2, 3.jpg

Last edited:
The black ones are the Mopar ones that were on ebay while the bluish-green ones are the Chebby ones that I bought.....

Seat Medallions 1.jpg Seat Medallions 2.jpg

This looks like a good alternative for what I’m looking for 68 RR. At least I can install these while I try and track down the originals

Thanks Olde Moparz

Auto Transport Service
Back