• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Rear Brake Flex Hose....

dmsdak

Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone run into this before. On a 1969 Plymouth Satellite with an 8.25 rear diff, the rear brake flex hose that connects from the body down to the axle, I was getting it replaced along with all the other rubber brake hoses, but it seems to be made on to the Tee that branches out left and right. There is no nut made onto the hose crimp like the replacement. Does it still thread out of the Tee?

Thanks
Seth

I believe that it's part of the hose and does no come undone. I just saw some like that.........must have been on e bay.

I just replaced that rear hose. It does screw into the tee.

My 8.25 hose had the tee built into it (a 69/70 8.25); they do not separate. The 8.75 is different - the hose is removed from the tee (at least on my E-body housing).

It all depended on witch hose they had on the line that day.

Well the T on the 8.25 is indeed made onto the flex hose, I found out the hard way and broke it but dosent matter as it would have to come with the line anyways. All the parts houses, online retailers, and restoration places list the line as having threads on the end, this has to be a 8.75 thing only,as the Dana has a tee made onto it to, but its made different than the 8.25. Anyone know where the tee & hose assembly is avalible for the 8.25? I may just use a normal brass T with a couple a adapters.

TIA

Seth

Year one has the tees. Oher places probably do too for less than $25. Here is the link

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?cat=1

I had 69 and 70 with 8.25 and 8.75 that used either set up. I would get the "tee" and then you can use the threaded hose. Just MO. And of course do not forget the Never Sieze. Do not listen to anyone who says otherwise. We all know there are are thousands of vehicles out there with brake hardware coming loose properly torqued with this product! Don't forget the proper vent bolt. http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?cat=1

Enjoy!

Auto Transport Service
Back