• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner Magmun wheeel and tire size

pro-streeter

Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
I am considering Magnum 500 on by B7 Blue Road Runner with Power Steering. Would like to know sizes on wheels, tire size type ( Red Line, or Poly Glass, or other). Thought on wheel size so far is 15 x 8 rear 15x6 front. I do not want them to rub when turning or have to modify the fender lips. Any pictures with the recommendations would be great. I do have a set of 14 inch stock style with trim rings I could restore however I am not as fond of the appearance and stance I have seen. I would like it to look a little more aggressive but have a nearly stock look.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

I had 15x8s with 2756015s and 14x6 with 2257014s on mine before I got my Cragars. No rub anywhere.

Attachments

• MultimedMA20630334-0001.jpg
    MultimedMA20630334-0001.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 2,030
Looks nice. What I am looking for, never considered 14 inch on front.
Thanks for the picture.

WOW that is the look I want. Is the suspension stock front and back? I like how it sit's.

69 Bee with 15X8 with 275/60/15 and 15X7 with 235/60/15 no rubbing ever.IMG_2934.jpgIMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2934.jpg IMG_2926.jpg

I really like the 15 inch on these B bodies. I like the 8 and 7 inch combination. Car is beautiful.
Thanks for the pictures.

I have had two different people tell me they have run a 10 inch wheel with a 12 inch wide drag radial on the rear of a 69 Roadrunner on a five inch backspace wheel. This is supposedly with the stock suspension. That seems a little hard to believe, but I have had two people claim that. Can anyone else verify they have done this without any rubbing issues? I know you can buy steelies in 10 inch with 5 inch backspace, but have never seem Magnums except from places that will do a custom backspace such as The Mopar Dude. The prices on custom backspacing are not bad. If you go big, you may as well go as big as you can without any rubbing issues.

http://www.themopardude.com/New_Custom_2.html

- - - Updated - - -

I had 15x8s with 2756015s and 14x6 with 2257014s on mine before I got my Cragars. No rub anywhere.

Why does it sit so high in the rear? Looks like more than the difference between 15 on the back and 14 on the front as the difference between the 60's rear and 70's front should offset that.

Tire and rim size affect ride height A LOT esp when you have really tall out back and pretty short up front but i'm interested to hear if it's something else too like SS springs, air bags, or air shocks on basket cases car. That's up there :)

Other than that all 3 of the cars except goons have a similar rake and similar height tires

Note the RRs stock rear wheel openings are lower at mid point than the coronet's by design

well when I got the car, it only had four leaves on each spring, and it sat low like an E Body. Even sitting that low, the 15x8s ddn;t rub. we redid the springs with an extra main leave and a half.
Now I have 15x8 Cragars with a bunch of offset and they still don't rub.

Attachments

• RR3.jpg
    RR3.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,303
I am considering Magnum 500 on by B7 Blue Road Runner with Power Steering. Would like to know sizes on wheels, tire size type ( Red Line, or Poly Glass, or other). Thought on wheel size so far is 15 x 8 rear 15x6 front. I do not want them to rub when turning or have to modify the fender lips. Any pictures with the recommendations would be great. I do have a set of 14 inch stock style with trim rings I could restore however I am not as fond of the appearance and stance I have seen. I would like it to look a little more aggressive but have a nearly stock look.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

My rear tires:

Wheel Diameter:15 in.

Tire Size:275/60-15

Sidewall Style:Solid white letters

Tire Construction:Radial

Tire Diameter Range:28-28.99 in.

Tire Diameter:28.06 in.

Section Width:10.70 in.

Tread Width:8.90 in.

Minimum Recommended Wheel Width:7.50 in.

Maximum Recommended Wheel Width:9.00 in.

i know this is many years later....
i'm just interested as i'm thinking of doing the same thing, do you have any more photos of this set up? and i notice in the photo that it sits quite high in the back, did you lift the back or is this purely due to the larger tire?

when I got my car it sat low in the rear like some E Bodies do. The guy I got it from said that the guy he got it from did some racing with it. There were several leaves missing on each side of the springs,only had four each side, so we took another set of main leaves, cut off the eyes, plus two more leaves for a total of seven on each side. It gives it the butt in the air Day Two look I wanted, ride is a tad stiff but I like it.
multimedma20630334-0001-jpg.jpg

2and 1/2 inch recurve leaf springs with 5 leaf's. Gave me the lift I wanted with out using air shock's. Thought I had pic's but cant find them.

Auto Transport Service
Back