• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner

BBodyBarrett

Local time
11:58 AM
Reaction score
I am about to make an offer on this 1969 RR (pics attached). Need some help with a ball park number on its value. No fender tag, 383 car. It has a 440 with a 6 pack not sure if an original 6 pack engine, 727 transmission, bucket seats from who knows where, 8.75 rear, rust on lower quarters, rust on lower door corners, dash poor condition,door panels fair, B&M floor shifter, column shift minus shift handle .Owner found keys this evening to open car and trunk for me to inspect floor pans and trunk. Not sure about frame rails. We will inspect the car again in a few days. The owner thinks its a super rare car, Owner: "Barrett/Jack sells them all day for $75,000 to $100,000 with a 6 pack restored" key word in this sentence "Restored". Key words not used "Not an original A12 car".

20180917_165922.jpg 20180917_165935.jpg 20180917_165949.jpg 20180917_170011.jpg

Last edited:
Always remember buy it as cheap as possible and dump a load of money into it and you just may get your money back if you are lucky. $3000 or less
Good luck

Not enough information. How long has it been sitting? Drivable? Condition of body panels? I assume it at least has the vin tag, that would tell you what engine it had. If you post the vin, it would help but I would be very cautious without a fender tag or build sheet

Not enough information. How long has it been sitting? Drivable? Condition of body panels? I assume it at least has the vin tag, that would tell you what engine it had. If you post the vin, it would help but I would be very cautious without a fender tag or build sheet

Its been sitting for 6 years, VIN shows it is a 383. They have a clear title. Owner says it was running when parked. It is not advertised as a 440 6 pack car. The motor was installed about 12 years ago.I will be looking at the car again underneath, open the truck and check floor pans. The car was locked 1st visit. I will post pics of the engine and pans later

"Barrett/Jack sells them all day for $75,000 to $100,000 with a 6 pack restored"
The second the idiot said this, I'd have simply turned and walked away....

Its been sitting for 6 years, VIN shows it is a 383. They have a clear title. Owner says it was running when parked. It is not advertised as a 440 6 pack car. The motor was installed about 12 years ago.I will be looking at the car again underneath, open the truck and check floor pans. The car was locked 1st visit. I will post pics of the engine and pans later
If you are in a position to spend more up front for a more complete car, then I would pass on this. If cash is tight or if you just enjoy restoring them then it would be worth consideration if you can get it for the right price. Buying price + whatever it will take to make it righteous then add $10,000 because it ALWAYS cost more than you figured

He's gonna want at least 10k since he made that quote that Barrett Jackson sells these all day. 4k at the most. No fender tag, I would also be suspicious

The car itself is a low end RR - 383, post car. Most likely a bench seat model. The 6-pack itself is probably worth 1500 - 2000. The car would make a good resto-rod or something like that but obviously a restoration to original is out of the question without the tag. Even then, restoring this car would cost more than its final value. You've seen it, we haven't but based on what you're saying I'd definitely stay under 5000. But personally, I don't make "offers" without an owner's starting price. Based on what he says he's likely to want 20,000. so you can't even make an offer that will end at 5000.. Maybe in this case you should start it off ... offer him 2000. and see what happens.

What's above is good advice....just to be sure, I'd double check dash VIN vs. radiator core support VIN vs. trunk lip VIN. It's almost for sure what it seems...a 383 car with a 440 six pack. The car is not original, is not an original six pack car, is #5 condition vs. Barrett Jackson #1/#2 condition, etc. + it's not a real six pack or hemi car.....so above prices seem about right...it will cost a ton to restore.

Having said all that, I like the car. You should be able to look at the flat pad, front of engine block, driver's side front corner & see "440" + a letter or other stuff. That info would help. Also, get a flexible mirror on an antennae and look on the side of the engine block, under the exhaust manifold (I "think" driver's side) and you should see a date cast into the block...eg 6-13-69 or something like that. That would tell you the manufacturing date of the engine.

'69 440 six pack motors have small rods & are internally balanced.....so.....the harmonic balancer should be thin (1"'ish) and be symmetrical (no offset weights at all). '69 six pack motors should have aluminum intakes too.

This is "most likely" a 440 of some random year with a six pack carb/intake put on it.....still very, very cool.

$3500.

No it is not worth a full blown restoration with all the paint splotch bs but is worth fixing up for a fun driver. It is a real Road Runner and not another clone/fake/tribute/fraud/wanna be. If the floors and frames are in good shape maybe up to $5k tops.

I'd be curious to know what the owner is asking, but his Barrett/Jackson and "super rare car" comment leads me to think it will be rather high. Keep us posted.

Don't let your excitement over ride condition
of this car.

Don't let your excitement over ride condition
of this car.

Cool as a cucumber,more interested in the engine than the car. If the price is right I'll buy. I'm getting to the point that I rather drive and enjoy Mopars than work on them for years. I have another body in much better shape to work with.

Cool as a cucumber,more interested in the engine than the car. If the price is right I'll buy. I'm getting to the point that I rather drive and enjoy Mopars than work on them for years. I have another body in much better shape to work with.
Dang...then forget the car and piece together a six pack setup. It would be a lot less of a headache.

Auto Transport Service
Back