• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner

hemillama

Local time
4:26 AM
Reaction score
My Runner has aftermarket glass in it and the windows roll up extremely hard I had new glass channels installed and that made it worse I am not against replacing all of it but I’m looking for advice! MOPAR or NoCar!

Have you a copy of the factory shop manual? There are instructions there for adjusting the windows in case the alignment isn't true.

Usually have to shave the plastic sliders down that go inside the new glass channel weather strips. Also if you got the non oem ones then it will compound the issue as they are straight and not curved.

Filing or sanding down these sliders (white pieces) are the ones I’m referring to. Will require disassembly of the door and maybe a few trial fits to make sure you got it right. Take a little off and assemble. Still to tight? Take a little more and try again.
C374A79C-C8BF-4955-85AD-D1AD14CBD08B.jpeg

Issue is, it's not actually the outside width.. it's the inside dimensions and a pin locating issue. Best to have some old OE sliders to compare to and figure it out. LOTS of restoration threads covering the issue with slider pin and window felt comparisons.

I was having trouble with my 69's windows binding, I had to "help" them up and down, I was looking at replacing the slides but a generous application of spray silicone reduced the drag tremendously!!,,, Ed

And don't forget to use some lube in the channel where they slide. A little lube goes a long way.

Auto Transport Service
Back