• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner

63SPF

MOPAR 4 LIFE ! MOPAR OR BUST ! PLYMOUTH'S RULE !
Local time
9:28 PM
Reaction score
OMG, what have I gotten myself into?
What ya'll think of this project?
Am I a fool for buying this ?
I have always wanted a 69 RR
Has a clear Hawaii title and Motor is matching
It needs Oh So much, any help is appreciated
Much Mahalo from Big Island of Hawaii

IMG_1430.jpg IMG_1432.jpg IMG_1433.jpg IMG_1434.jpg IMG_1435.jpg IMG_1436.jpg IMG_1442.jpg IMG_1445.jpg IMG_1446.jpg IMG_1454.jpg

Nothing like Salt air! I see 20+ grand in sheet metal alone... required that is and a LOT of welding supplies. All depends on your plans..

Nothing like Salt air! I see 20+ grand in sheet metal alone... required that is and a LOT of welding supplies. All depends on your plans..
Well i paid 1k for everything in pictures, I cant lose money if i part it out ! I just worried if i start it, will i ever finish it ? haha

Well i paid 1k for everything in pictures, I cant lose money if i part it out ! I just worried if i start it, will i ever finish it ? haha
I wouldn’t even start. Just too much unless you happen to have a complete donor body.

Recently started a resto on my wife’s beetle, cleaner than that and I’m probably gonna bag it, use it for parts and start on a better one. Unless you have untold time and skills to burn it’ll be really frustrating, expensive and take forever.

I have seen better ones parted out.. And I fear this one will cost twice as much to restore, at least than buying a nice one and shipping to you.now if it was a 68 charger or Hemi car, that would be different.

Depends on how much you really want a 69 RR. Can you do most of the work yourself and can you see it thru? At least 50 large to complete. Maybe more! ruffcut

You asked, I won’t sugar coat this. Don’t do it. That car is waaaaay to gone.. console 4 speed runner is cool though

Keep all the pars, connectors odds and sods and bits and pieces and send the rest to heaven. Find a rust free satellite or Belvedere and clone away

Anything can be brought back. And you probably don’t have as much to chose from on the island. Having said that. I’ve seen much better fed to the crusher in the 80’s. We do have metal now! Good luck... and keep at it!

At least 50 - yes. Waaay more. Just buy a minty road runner

He may not have 50 large at the moment. And I know a couple of guys that would rather bring a car back, and have pride in doing it.

Wow Chris part it and move on. JMHO
Its so hard to part it out. I have most of the metal and parts , Plus i can do most of the work myself. I will never find another RR in Hawaii . I'm thinking to just do a "haha" good/fast job to get it back on the road and sell to some kid that has more money than brains ! I hate to see a classic die like that !

He may not have 50 large at the moment. And I know a couple of guys that would rather bring a car back, and have pride in doing it.

I agree, that’s a common problem, time vs. Money. Problem is with this car he’ll take 10+ years to do it(assuming he’s working full time somewhere else to pay bills and eat) and end up spending double the 50k we seem to be using as a benchmark. I have restored cars many times and do take the same pride in the project etc, but always make sure the foundation is a good one with minimal rust…. But he really really really needs to start with a better shell. I imagine every car in Hawaii arrives by boat, so I’m guessing it wouldn’t cost more than $2-2500 (just a guess here) to get a car to the islands as they probably do that kind of shipping all the time. Might be money well spent to shop abroad, by a 10k project and ship it. In fact here’s one here that needs just a little bit of work done on the lower quarters. The price works out to be around 8 grand usd. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/saskatoon/69-sport-satellite-original-car/1574141275

I admire the idea but you can't do a quick job just to get it driving safely unfortunately. I would keep everything and look for a Satellite shell and install everything into it, keeping the Satellite VIN and title. 4 speed, console Road Runner is cool but nothing about it would be original other than the parts.

I'd patch up the stress points to keep it from folding up and then road kill the rest of it. At least it would be running. Probably what I'm going to do to mine but my 66 Belvedere isn't rusty. Just had one place in the left rear foot well that was perforated like someone turned a battery over and didn't kill the acid spill. It's a factory AC car with rubber floor mats and there was NO rust anywhere else in the floors. How often do you see that??

Auto Transport Service
Back