• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Roadrunner - Lynch Road Fender Tag Decoding

john28ryr

Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
So after visiting this site and Andy's440 site I think I have gotten most of what is on the the tag, but not sure about the third line from the bottom. Being a Lynch Road car certainly has its challenges!

See the photo below - is it possible the "1F" is for a green vinyl top, and 6W is for white vinyl stripe? If so it seems like an odd color combination to me (F8 green, black guts, green top)

I ran out of room on the slide, but I am aware that E63=383 and D21=4sp.

If anyone has any insight please let me know.

Roadrunner.jpg

You are correct. 69 LR tags omitted the "V" in front of the vinyl top and stripe code.
The top row has to do with constructing the body in white.
Gate 32
Base 126
Sequence number 256746

Thanks 69coronet.

I'm not doing a vinyl roof on the resto but it is definitely good info. But I will be looking at the threads and photo galleries to see if I can find an f8 car with black interior and green roof.

Damn that F8 green - in some photos it looks so good (like above), in others not so much. Guess I have to go through the threads again looking at colors and back through my Carlisle photos.

torn between painting the car F8 or T5...

Auto Transport Service
Back