• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Roadrunner seat belt question

BeepBeepRR

Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
I'm about to get some new belts. But I see others advertising seat belt clips I didnt see anything like these in the original parts for the car. I do have a full set of ugly old green belts. But nothing like what these people advertise. What are they for?

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/222223425415?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Lower edge of the front and rear seat when the lap belts aren't in use.

Last edited:
So was this a factory option? Or did every car have them?

All 68 and 69 A and B-Bodies received them and most 70 A and B-Bodies. Depending upon the seating configuration between front buckets or full front seat determined which style would be found for the front seats. As pictured above, those would be for a bucket seat optioned car. The two in the middle are for the bucket seats.

Got me thinking and I had to go out in the garage and look. I knew I had then on the back seat, but didn't recall seeing them in front. Sure enough, no such clips on my front buckets. It's a '69 Road Runner with original interior.

So basically they really are not needed other than to keep the seat belts from sliding around.

Auto Transport Service
Back