• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Roadrunner seat question

INTMD8

Local time
12:42 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I have a pair of 1969 seats for sale and I'm being told they are a later seat and not correct for a 1969 Roadrunner due to having the removable back panel. (as in they could not be used as a core to put 69 RR seat covers on)

Is that correct? Thank you.

tY3nS2.jpg

XolJHQ.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! He keeps insisting there is no back panel on a 69 RR seat and they should have "full finished backs" with no insert.

Thanks! He keeps insisting there is no back panel on a 69 RR seat and they should have "full finished backs" with no insert.
My 68 AND 69 Gtx all had rear panels and they are the same seats as a roadrunner.

Last edited:
If it is a bucket seat they had a removable panel on the back, Dodge or Plymouth. Not sure who you are talking too, but they are incorrect.

The guy doesn't know what he's talking about. '69 B-body Plymouth bucket seats - RR, GTX, Sport Sat., etc. all have removeable back panels the same as yours but as previously stated, yours are not "Plymouth".

Hey neighbor! For what it's worth, here are a couple pics of the original factory seats in my '69 Road Runner.

2 thumbnail.jpg thumbnail.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back