• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 RR for sale - Not mine - Fishy Fender Tag

SoCal440GTX

Local time
6:05 PM
Reaction score
https://www.silverstonemotorcars.co...com&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=motorious

Noticed the fender tag looks mounted upside down and has the wrong screws. Am I way off?

1969-plymouth-road-runner.jpg

1969-plymouth-road-runner.jpg

Last edited:
No they faced outwards so they could be read by the line workers. Also those are pop rivets. However doesn't mean its wrong just means someone didn't know the placement.

I’ve seen people use pop rivets so the tag doesn’t get stolen so easily.

Most likely pop riveted on backwards during a hasty repaint.
Tag looks authentic

Looks like a train wreck of a sloppy restoration.........

Some people got the bright idea to pop rivet a tag to keep it from getting thieved......Or the original holes were bad and the correct screw wouldn’t fit.....

I've seen some original cars with the tag reversed, but never pop rivets. You can see anything this day and time. Just from what I see at the tag, I would agree with the hasty repaint, and uneducated reassemble.

The fender tag looks legit. It is mounted 180 degrees off and with rivets instead of screws.

Also notice it carries the (V)68 code indicating it was a Spring Special.

Auto Transport Service
Back