• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 RR hoods, add a scoop?

koosh

Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
I know the A12 style, with big scoop....i have the usual bump out on both sides, but i want a scoop, has anyone added a scoop to this style hood? Pics?

'glass hood but molded from an original RR hood
hood1.JPG
hood2.JPG
hood3.JPG
hood4.JPG
hood5.JPG

Please for the love of god buy a fiberglass hood with a scoop. Save that original hood don't cut it up.

A12 was a lift off hood. It was fiberglass.

Last edited:
Agree - just buy the A12 hood. They look badass and you get to keep your original

Besides the fact that you want a scoop. Do you have a high rise intake that you need the space for? Tunnel Ram? If not you might as well slap a hemi scoop on a neon.. Worthless and just looks meh.

That hood's for sale - CHEAP !!

Although I don't much care for that scoop sandwiched between the side bulges, it is in fact my favorite hood scoop, otherwise I like it enough to go buy a car to put under it if I could only afford it! I have a 7" fiberglass scoop that is identical to the actual scoop, had it for 40 years! I believe we called them Sox & Martin style. One of these days I'll mount it. Although I agree that a scoop may actually be worthless on a stock engine, I see 4 good reasons for it:
1 - It provides the look that scares people as you come up on them from behind, with opening blocked off.
2 - It provides inspiration to actually build a big *** motor with supercharger or tunnel ram for real.
3 - It is the rarest scoop I have ever seen these days.
4 - More importantly, it would force air into the engine compartment to help dissipate heat!

had that same scoop on my 69 rr with a tunnel ram intake . that was in 1975 or so . we would race that car every weekend and drive it to n from work as well . and i had a lt-1 vette and a boss 302 mustang at the same time , and had my 66 sat commando car build going on . used the rr to chase parts for the vette and mustang until i wised up . and then it was mopar through until the end , lol .

Please for the love of god buy a fiberglass hood with a scoop. Save that original hood don't cut it up.

A12 was a lift off hood. It was fiberglass.
Lol.....didnt plan on cutting this one up!

Besides the fact that you want a scoop. Do you have a high rise intake that you need the space for? Tunnel Ram? If not you might as well slap a hemi scoop on a neon.. Worthless and just looks meh.
When i find the right deal on 440, it will be covered by a scoop!

Although I don't much care for that scoop sandwiched between the side bulges, it is in fact my favorite hood scoop, otherwise I like it enough to go buy a car to put under it if I could only afford it! I have a 7" fiberglass scoop that is identical to the actual scoop, had it for 40 years! I believe we called them Sox & Martin style. One of these days I'll mount it. Although I agree that a scoop may actually be worthless on a stock engine, I see 4 good reasons for it:
1 - It provides the look that scares people as you come up on them from behind, with opening blocked off.
2 - It provides inspiration to actually build a big *** motor with supercharger or tunnel ram for real.
3 - It is the rarest scoop I have ever seen these days.
4 - More importantly, it would force air into the engine compartment to help dissipate heat!
Be sure to contact me if you ever decide to let it go!

Auto Transport Service
Back