• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Satellite Original HOOD???

AlienMopar69

Local time
10:27 PM
Reaction score
When I got my 69 satellite this hood was on it, but every picture I have found a satellite did not come with the hood scoops the mine has on them. I believe this hood came off another car? Was wondering if anybody can tell if this hood is original and should it be on my car? Also, is this hood worth anything?

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 899
You are correct........Not original. Those are dodge scoops. The rest of your hood is correct. Satellite hoods are not that hard to come by. You could probably sell those scoops and buy a couple of them.

Yep, that's the original hood just like on my satellite, but someone added the scoops.

You are correct........Not original. Those are dodge scoops. The rest of your hood is correct. Satellite hoods are not that hard to come by. You could probably sell those scoops and buy a couple of them.
You are correct Propwash - I have 2 original satellite hoods and have tried to sell them on craigslist several times and nobody wants them! They came with my car when I bought it and are just leaning against the fence minding their own business and not doing anything. Got a re-pop RR hood with the side inserts from AMD, but I'm wondering if I should keep one of these hoods. I kind of like them with the flat hood "sleeper" look.

Imagine the Satellite hood with RR scoops grafted on, slightly raised and enlarged say up no more than 1 inch, massage it into the hood, I say this would look uber cool! Yup, I got a good Satellite hood to use, and the rusty skin off a RR hood -- one of these days I'll get to it!

Just in case you wanted to know the scoops are 70-72 a body doge scoops they are worth a bit of cash if you wanted to ditch them. :)

I would not mind keeping the scoops if I could fix my heat soak issue with my carb. I do not have any room to go up with my carb. So I was looking to see if this hood was worth anything, so it looks like I will take the scoops off and and a 6 Pack scoop, then the scoops are for sale! Unless you guys have any idea on how to stop the heat soak with my edelbrock carb!

I went with a 1/2" spacer under the carb and blocked the heat crossovers on my Coronet w/ Elelbrock 650. Cured the issue

I would not mind keeping the scoops if I could fix my heat soak issue with my carb. I do not have any room to go up with my carb. So I was looking to see if this hood was worth anything, so it looks like I will take the scoops off and and a 6 Pack scoop, then the scoops are for sale! Unless you guys have any idea on how to stop the heat soak with my edelbrock carb!

If you can't fit a spacer in there then try two gaskets to help insulate the carb. Check to make sure your fuel line isn't in a high heat area as a hot fuel line will vaporize the fuel on its way creating the same issue. A hood scoop may not actually prevent your heat soak issue since the block heat is probably the culprit.

I have owned this '69 Runner since I was 15. The original hood was left upside down for years before I bought the car and was rusted through the front edge, so I put these '69 Super Bee scoops on a Satellite hood.

I think they look good, so if you like them, leave them on. If you don't, you could also put a '69 Six pack scoop on your hood.

I'm not sure of the source of the Satellite picture, but evidently this is not as uncommon as you would think. The '69 Super Bee/Coronet R/T are about as closely related to your car as you can get, so they definetely fit the look of your car.

Attachments

• 69 Road Runner.jpg
    69 Road Runner.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 615
  • 69 Satellite.jpg
    69 Satellite.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 654
As far as your clearance issue in order to add an isolator under your carb, you should be able to get an air cleaner with more drop in the base to make things work. Just be sure it doesn't interfere with your throttle travel.

Thank you all for the great responses. My personal preference, is that I do not like the scoops and I am getting them taken off and replacing with a '69 RR Six Pack Scoop. I am also going to ditch the mechanical fuel pump and going to electric so I can move my fuel line. Hopefully both these issues Help. Once the scoops are off, which should be next week, I am looking to sale them. What do you think they are worth?

For the scoops, I would recommend selling them in the A Bodies forum, I have seen quite a few go off. I am not sure on price though. It also depends if the scoop bezels are pitted and of all the mounting studs are there.

I had the same problem with my edelbrock 650. I used a half inch plastic spacer and also used plastic washers when bolting the carb to the intake manifold, this makes a huge difference. The carb stays nice and cool, worked for me.

I'd go with the six pack scoop for sure!

Gents, Thanks for all the help on this issue. I have made up my mind and the 6 pack scoop it is, gets started next week. Also going to work on the fuel line issue as well. Thanks for all the help and advice. Will post a pic when complete with it!!

Hood Complete

Like promised here are a couple of pics of the original hood with the Six Pack scoop on it. Added a 1" wood spacer underneath the carb and moved fuel lines, no issues anymore!! Thank you all for your help!!!:headbang:

0427121657.jpg 0531121931.jpg 0427121657b.jpg 0531121928.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back