• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Satellite Restoration--My Way.

69Satellite

Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 69 Satellite and am in the process of doing a build my way. Progress will be slow due to the lack of readily available funds but I wanted to keep an album if you will of the things I have done. I will start with some basics, like the car and the tear down of the dash and some other pictures. The body has been patched and smoothed out and painted a flat black to seal it until paint this spring.

Beginning1.jpg

Beginning2.jpg

Beginning3.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

Welcome to FBBO 69! I for one love to see albums of start to finish projects so please continue. BTW: What the hell did Cowboy & Lonewolf do to that car? ;)

Welcome aboard. Was that car in a flood or did the dash get like that from the lack of glass ?

Dunno much about the car or the condition. No flood though. The car has been disassembled as you see it in the pictures since the early 90's. The dash has been in a shed or something along with all the panels, chrome, bumpers, grill, lights... I probably won't see the car in person for at least a month as it is in storage until the winter has passed. Weather in South Dakota is a pain in the ***.

Anyway, I was on forabodiesonly for a long time so I am not necessarily new to FBBO. I sold a mostly original 70 Swinger in ok shape for this... hmmmm. I think it was a great decision but we will see how it goes once spring hits.

I started cleaning the pieces from the dash and they are in suprisingly good shape underneath 20 years of gunk. Does vinyl dye work to make them look new and not so faded or is there a better option?

Don't ever show an elky next to a b body, it brings the value of your car down. Have you tried Armorall? just thought to ask the simple question first.

The vinyl dyes work pretty well these days. Just be sure to clean the area real well and use the adhesion promoter the mfg. recommends.

Started with regular soap and warm water to get rid of the gunk. It is all gone and looks good but still has a somewhat sticky residue to it. Armorall maybe after it is refinished to give it that little extra shine.

Elky.... sorry. It is my brother's shop. The frame you can sort of see on the left is a 66 GTO I believe and my dad's 70 cuda is in the background on the rotisserie.

Got the car out of storage today. Rebuilt motor and trans are in. Slotted mags put on the rear. Headers on... what a pain in the ***. Engine bay was scuffed and sanded and shot with gloss black. Tomorrow, putting some skinnies on the front and getting back to work.

Got new shocks, aluminum radiator, new dizzy and plugs/wires, alum intake, alum water pump, 1/2" fuel line, gas tank was shot so got a new fuel cell, new carb... a lot of parts and no time to put it all in... oh well, all good things take time. I will take pictures when I can.

VERY COOL!!! You're well on your way to a fine ride.

Don't hesitate to ask if I can help restore any of the parts. I'll make ya a killer deal. :-D

man those wheels are gonna look SICK! what size are they? i have 17 inch Foose on my 66 bel. looks like you car is gonna be a hell of a ride man. Sioux Falls? ill be driving through there on my way to visit my dad in Wahpeton, ND not to far from you...lol ill have to look you up and check out your ride on my way through!

Here is a pic of day 1 of my 64 Sport Fury. 3 years into it and out of cash for the moment !

DSCN2531.jpg

And now 3 years later !!!! Be patient.. It's killing me to not be on the street with it now !! Good luck

Looks great Moose. I did not know 64's came with a cage and ladder bars!! Keep up the good work.

Auto Transport Service
Back