• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Super Bee

Giantmeatball

Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
Hey, my name is Anthony. I just registered on the site. I've been looking around to see if I could get any information. However, I wasn't finding what I was looking for. I recently purchased a car from an auction. I got a bill of sale from the auction. However, the car does not have a title. Doing a vin search the car is not stolen nore does it have any liens. The car was last registered in 1992. I also did not receive any keys ( I would imagine that problem is the easiest problem to solve). I have also called the DMV and I would be able to get a Bonded title. I was told the process takes awhile. I have had the car in my possession since April right before the Pandemic/Lockdown went into effect. So, I haven't invested to much time into doing much with the car. The motor turns over and I was able to push the car onto the trailer and into my garage pretty easily. Now for the reason I am posting, I am thinking about just sending the car down the road but I have no idea what the value is. I know it would be worth more with a title. Which I am more than able to do. Just time consuming. I just don't know what the value of the car is. The reason I am asking is I had someone offer me $1,400.00 and I strongly feel that it has to me worth more than that or maybe i'm wrong. I love cars but when it comes to values I would have no idea. I know it's hard to determine a value without seeing it. So maybe I am just wasting your time asking. Thanks for reading my long drawn out question. I did include some pictures of the car as well. Thanks again for your time.
2020-05-22_0-26-30.jpg
engine.jpg
IMG_1221.JPG
IMG_1223.JPG
IMG_1224.JPG

If it's a real Super Bee it's worth more than $1400. Can you post a picture of the VIN plate and fender tag? Do you want to sell the car? Most of us on here would give you more than $1400.

The Vin plate which is on the fender inside the engine compartment would tell all of the options. If the number starts with WM21 then you definitely have a true super B “post” car versus a hard top. Post car means that the window section between the front door and the back window has a post that runs from the roof down to the door. You would also have to check the radiator support as well as the driver side rear trunk rail to see if those numbers match. If you dig deeper you could check the engine and transmission to make sure they have the same number if all of those match then you have a numbers matching super B. I am currently restoring a 69 super bee hardtop. I paid $8000 for mine. It’s all numbers matching and complete but was far from running and driving. The engine was locked up, tons of rust all around. Hope that gives you a good starting point. I’d say they’re probably worth even more now.

If it's a solid, numbers matching, real deal Super Bee...you could probably safely add another zero. Getting it running and having the paperwork would be a requirement, however.

How does the interior look? From the pictures it looks like it’s missing the rear window trim as well as the quarter panel extensions. How soil is are the floor (truck and main car)

I tried to look at the engine block and see if I could verify the number. All I could see at the time was the motor was from 68.

F8 green, automatic, 727. Bucket seats. If you’re lucky if you lift up the bottom section of the backseat there might be a broadcast sheet between the springs in the bottom of the seat. That would tell you a lot about the car as well

I would like to see if its the original motor. That is located on the bottom of the block by the starter correct?

I tried to look at the engine block and see if I could verify the number. All I could see at the time was the motor was from 68.
Usually the number is down along with the oil pan is. There’s also some numbers both raised and then pressed into the engine block. The number for the transmission should be On the side just above the lip of transmission pan.

That's really hard to see. Take a better picture of the VIN plate if you can.
You can see the post in the first picture he posted. It’s very clear between the front and back window

I would like to see if its the original motor. That is located on the bottom of the block by the starter correct?
Passenger side above the oil pan rail.
While you're there, shimmy back a little bit and check the numbers on the transmission. There will (should) be a stamping pad on the transmission case behind the dipstick.

Auto Transport Service
Back