• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Super Bee

darrells69

Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
Hi Guy's I'm new to this forum and just wanted to post a pic of my car that I'm getting ready to start restoring. It is a 383 car with auto on the column and came with bucket seats also came factory with the N96 option. It is an original B5 car with Blue interior, it was repainted one time to B7 blue. I bought the car from a local guy that has owned the car for 30yrs. Hopefully with a great forum like this one and you guys helping me with questions I may have it should be a great resto. IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

0616120953.jpg

Welcome to the forums, looks like you got a good one to restore. Just don't rush any thing and you'll get it done. There are people on here that can answer any questions you'll have so you'll be all rite. Good Luck Ronnie

That will be a great looking car! looks good like that, im always surprised at how so many come across these old cars.. I hope to find one myself that i want someday.. Good luck please keep us updated... And Welcome aboard the site, lots of great gals/guys to help you here if needed..

Thanks Ron, I have wanted one of these cars since I was 16 and this car was actually with in 5miles of where I live the whole time and never knew it.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Great project car, the bucket seat column shift combo always makes me wonder, did yours a come with a buddy seat originally?

Score.

69 N96 4 speed Bee was my #1 dream car for a LONG time.

Still up there on the list.

I had a 70 auto, so that kinda satisfied for a while :)

welcome aboard-good score and as mentioned above there is a lot of smarts on here and take your time. OH YEA for christs sake what ever you do have fun with it.:headbang:

detmatt1, I'm not sure about the buddy seat, I happen to work with the original owners nephew and I'm going to see about possibly meeting with his uncle and talk to him about the car. I know he bought the car new at a dealership in winston-salem N.C. Not sure if he ordered the car or it was just one on the lot. I did see a 69 gtx at a local cruise in here the other week and it had bucket seats and column shift as well. it seems a little weird to me but then again I'm still learning on these mopars.

Nice car,my dad lived in Phafftown outside of Winston Salem .if im not mistaken ,that would be near you

I've seen quite a few bucket seat auto on column cars, with nothing between the seats.
...and cars that otherwise looked unmolested.

I am not really a fan of the column shift, The guy I got the car from gave me a complete 4spd setup to change it over if I wanted. He also give me the hump for the tunnel that he took out of another car. I kinda hate to change it since it still has the original 383 and 727 with it but I really would rather it be a 4spd and I don't ever plan on selling the car. what do you guys think?

Welcome to the matrix.
Have at it and 4speed it, don't be shy it's just a car and your going to keep it so go ahead and live a little.

Awesome car! I had a '69 Bee with all the good stuff and a 4 speed. B5, buckets, no console, N96. Regret selling it. One day I will have another, but my R/T was 2nd on the 'want' list and I have it. Have # 3, too!
Can't wait to see your progress.

IMG_0590.jpg rear floor pan area

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0593.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0588.jpgright side quarter panel

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0591.jpgleft side quarter panel

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0596.jpgright side bottom of door

- - - Updated - - -

I'm finding more and more rust! guess I will have to have it media blasted but I didn't want to do a nut and bolt resto on this car. I just wanted a real nice driver so with that being said any suggestions on the best route to take here?

Attachments

• IMG_0597.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,038
  • IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 992
Auto Transport Service
Back