• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 3 speed wiper motor, park function

DasFusca

Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
Is this connection suppose to be closed or open sitting on the bench. I am getting conflicting data. After reading many many post, I thought I would just ask.

IMG_5001.JPG

if you have a repair manual wouldn't that info be there ? if you don't have a manual go to mymopar.com and down load the repair manual.

if you have a repair manual wouldn't that info be there ? if you don't have a manual go to mymopar.com and down load the repair manual.

The link to the manual is http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109

Great suggestion. The free manual is fantastic.

If someone can shed some light on the open or closed question before I pop this thing back in, that would be awesome. Is the circuit held open or closed by a mechanism in the unit? is this correct the way it is or is it bent open incorrectly? I could just keep trying it and bench testing until it works but i would rather use the collective knowledge of this site. Experienced is golden.

I found this from 2015, Passion4mopars wrote the following

The photo of the back of the switch plate is how the contacts should look for the motor to park properly. Sometimes the gear latch will swing around and snag it and push it up or pull it down. Won't park then because the contact surface is already in a "broken contact" position. Usually you can just clean up the contact points with a file, sandpaper, etc. like you do for distributor points, put them back in their position and return the switch plate to the motor and all is well.

182970-b5cbeb3483a0ceeb328a7b6dd3747980.jpg

found my problem Gear is broken. The closed connection picture should be right. I believe it breaks the contact after it parks to cut the power.
IMG_E5036[1].JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back