• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 6 pac K member

oldkimmer

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:54 PM
Reaction score
A guy I know wants to sell 1. He wants to know what it is worth in today’s market. He says it’s in good shape. Sorry, I don’t have any pics. Thanks. Kim

300 would be decent. Its basically a 66- 72 b-body k member with late body mount swaybar.

Probably about 500 if in decent shape. Make sure the skid plate on bottom is in good shape and has the right date code button welded on it.

A guy I know wants to sell 1. He wants to know what it is worth in today’s market. He says it’s in good shape. Sorry, I don’t have any pics. Thanks. Kim
I have a 70 k frame with skid plate, sway bar, and lower control arms. $500

Nothing that special about them, you can add the skid plate to any K frame and have basically the same thing. If you are going for a date coded restoration piece, well then you will need it (which begs the question where is the one for the car you are working on). However if you are putting a 440 6 pack (or any 440) into a non 6 pack car, you don't need a new K frame, the one you have (long as it is a V8 version) will work.

This K was replaced with a Hemi K way back in the late 70s. In the mid 80s the Hemi was blown up. The car has been sold a few times since and the Hemi is fixed but in parts in a guys basement. He won’t ever get it running or sell it as his brother that owned it passed away last summer. Kim

Ah got it... interesting. I am putting a 426 into a 70 RR and am trying to determine how I am going to mount it. I would not put an original K frame into this car, it is heavily modified but I have looked at them for ideas.

I have my 70 V-code Roadrunner in the shop now, probably through August.
It has the factory V-code K-member with skid plate and part number button.
I'm replacing it with a QA1 tubular
K-member and have NO reason to keep the original K-member, because I'm not selling it, and I'm never putting the original K-member back in, so I'm going to post it in the For Sale section once I get my car back from the shop and see how much better the new front suspension is.

Last edited:
Make sure the skid plate on bottom is in good shape and has the right date code button welded on it.
The 'coin' welded on the front relates to the Part Number .... not the date code. Two-digit number equates to the last two digits of the correct part number.

The 'coin' welded on the front relates to the Part Number .... not the date code. Two-digit number equates to the last two digits of the correct part number.

Thanks and you are right about the part number. He was asking about a 1970 6 pack and if I remember correctly the 1970 B body 440 w/skid plate only used 1 number (Nickel) which was 79??

To the average Joe, they are not worth much. To someone restoring a six pack car and has to have that piece to make it perfect, its priceless.

Thanks and you are right about the part number. He was asking about a 1970 6 pack and if I remember correctly the 1970 B body 440 w/skid plate only used 1 number (Nickel) which was 79??
Correct on the '79' coin for a 440-6 pack/6 BBL car....notice the last two digits in bold...
upload_2020-6-26_7-58-2.png

Typical 'coin' welded on the front driver side - most I have seen are upside down. Must be either how the frames were presented at the time, or just totally random how the guy welded it in the first place.
upload_2020-6-26_7-59-7.png

Some more info I found (my books are temporarily in storage)...pictures grabbed/borrowed from FEBO ....
upload_2020-6-26_7-59-56.png

One thing, why call it a 6 pack K member? All 440's got the skid plate & I've parted a few 383 cars that had it as well...

Probably about 500 if in decent shape. Make sure the skid plate on bottom is in good shape and has the right date code button welded on it.
Don't know why you got the red X on this reply.....unless the Xer doesn't like the price lol

One thing, why call it a 6 pack K member?
I did the same...
I guess it's difficult for me not to mention "it's a real V-code" whatever..
LOL
I did have a Mopar fan looking my Roadrunner over a few years ago at the Battleship car show, and he said the skidplate was unique to the 6bbl and Hemi cars, but I won't debate that.
I sold all my K-member parts and more to a guy in Mississippi that's working on a 70, so that's been good for both of us.

Auto Transport Service
Back