• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 A/G switch

moparmarks

I'm just a guy with a screwdriver.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
Does any of my peeps have the measurements and mounting pictures of the 1970 Air Grabber switch that mounts in this panel for a GTX?
Thanks

20220412_155957.jpg

Yes
They have a round hole in panel, then the bezel covers it.sorry for the overexposed, it’s snowing again.

F555AD4E-1FB8-4D53-B8A4-B06DFA5F1223.jpeg 33CAD30E-2860-486F-AD7D-03B9227B8F37.jpeg FFC7A607-58EC-413D-8B37-93651C1DC5A9.jpeg F520AABB-91D2-4CA7-8898-272E294D0419.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep, just look at the template for the switch on the back of the dash panel...it's right there

Okay cool. Thanks guys. I was thinking it was over to the right more where is is a big oval hole in the frame and the switch mounted in the cover. Take it the switch mounts in the frame? I don't have the car here. Is there already a hole in the frame for the switch or do I need to drill one?

Okay cool. Thanks guys. I was thinking it was over to the right more where is is a big oval hole in the frame and the switch mounted in the cover. Take it the switch mounts in the frame? I don't have the car here. Is there already a hole in the frame for the switch or do I need to drill one?

The oval cut out in dash you mention is the area where the reverse lamp and seat belt lamps are installed. The a/g switch has it's own cutout as mentioned.

Yep, 70gtx is correct. I added air grabber to my car years ago. I had a rough idea where the switch went from seeing a factory air grabber car at a car show. My stepdad (great mechanic) was helping me put the switch in and drill a hole for it in the dash panel. He stuck his finger back there and said, "Hey, there's a template showing where the switch goes and exactly where to drill the holes". It's been a while.... but I think the two screws just hold go through the bezel, through two screw holes in the dash and into the plastic switch base (self tapping I think? can't remember)....so you don't have to drill any holes at all in the dash frame, just that piece of dash panel by your right knee. If you take it off, you'll see a template where to cut on the back. Basically, it's a square (?) cut for the switch to stick through and two screw holes you'll have to drill. Piece of cake.

Yep, just look at the template for the switch on the back of the dash panel...it's right there
Had to order a new switch so I'm now back on this.
As my luck usually goes. No templet on the back side of this panel. What size is the round hole?
Also no templet on the frame for the switch either.

20220418_131742.jpg 20220418_131759.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back