• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 a12

Pete

Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is probably a really stupid question, but what happened to the A12 for 1970? Why did the A12 package disappear? Or were some made that im not aware of? I apologise if this has been covered before but i cant seem to find it on here.

Because the option became available in mid year 69 originaly, it was considered a engine conversion on the standard 440 4 barrel. In 1970 it was a standard option if you wanted the 6 pack(V code). That's how I understand it at least. I'm sure someone will chime in if I am wrong.

No that's pretty much it. The 6bbl engine became a regular option for 70 and not part of a package.

The A12 designation did not disapear but it was different for 1970. For the 1970 model year, sales code A12 was used to designate the one year only Hurst package on Chryslers.

Auto Transport Service
Back