• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Am/Fm Stereo Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

440jimr

Local time
8:40 PM
Reaction score
Looking for 1970 non thumbwheel am/fm stereo. Needed for listening to The Small Faces, Jimi Hendrix and Rolling Stones!:grin:

Did your car originally come with an AM/FM? If not, why not have an AM converted to an AM/FM? It will LOOK factory correct, you can hide a large amp under the front seat, and they come with an output plug so you can use an MP3 or like unit. The original AM/FMs have like a 2 watt amp in them and you are going to be disappointed by the sound.

Did your car originally come with an AM/FM? If not, why not have an AM converted to an AM/FM? It will LOOK factory correct, you can hide a large amp under the front seat, and they come with an output plug so you can use an MP3 or like unit. The original AM/FMs have like a 2 watt amp in them and you are going to be disappointed by the sound.

Where can I get an AM converted? Sounds like a good deal. I really want the factory look of the stock radio. i was also thinking of getting one of those Secret Audio units.

My car did come with an am/fm stereo, and I'm trying to keep at least the interior stock other than a Sun Super Tach.

Still looking...would be willing to spend up to $400 for a decent one.

Wow! I guess I didn't realize how much I would have to spend to get one. I'll keep looking I guess.

I tried to find the listing but never did.:confused:

Where can I get an AM converted? Sounds like a good deal. I really want the factory look of the stock radio. i was also thinking of getting one of those Secret Audio units.

get ready to shell out 400-600 to convert an am

400..00 Keep going..there more like 600-800

Haha, so they are I paid $850 of mine. It is a working restored original 69 tumbwheel unit prepared by Ward's Classic Radio, if I remember correctly. I surfed ebay for the hell of it for 16 months before another one surfaced. This one had a BROKEN tuning wheel and it went in the middle $600s

There is a company out there with new radios with the face made to look old like your original.The name escapes me at the moment though.I know they have them for most GM and ford cars but cant remember on the mopar stuff.

I believe they do good work, cosmetically, at least because I have never played my radio yet. She's in a box waiting for the dash to be painted in Baltic Blue Suede.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back