• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 and 71-72 GTX airgrabber differences

BeepBeepRR

Local time
10:37 AM
Reaction score
Was wondering if there was a huge difference between the two year setups. The 1970 is around 2100.00 and the 71-72 is about 500 cheaper. Let me know thanks.

He bought the AMD hood for his 70 GTX and had it painted already. So he was asking me about the airgrabbers looking the same. I told him they might just use a stock photo and I would ask here. I can see that the actual hood openings are different. I think hes just going to buy the 70 kit less the door which is already in the hood. The guy knocked 350.00 off the price less the door. So it brings the price down a bit. I appreciate the info. I'll be installing this setup in the next few weeks. One other question though. He has a vacuum pump will that be too much vacuum for the actuator? Or should I bypass that and go directly to the intake?

He bought the AMD hood for his 70 GTX and had it painted already. So he was asking me about the airgrabbers looking the same. I told him they might just use a stock photo and I would ask here. I can see that the actual hood openings are different. I think hes just going to buy the 70 kit less the door which is already in the hood. The guy knocked 350.00 off the price less the door. So it brings the price down a bit. I appreciate the info. I'll be installing this setup in the next few weeks. One other question though. He has a vacuum pump will that be too much vacuum for the actuator? Or should I bypass that and go directly to the intake?
Your vacuum pump won't have too much vacuum, no more than a stock engine would have with a high rpm closed throttle downshift.

Auto Transport Service
Back